DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Some forum improvements

Suggestions, complaints and support line.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Some forum improvements

Postby Maxedge » July 7th, 2009, 11:28 am

The other day while trying to do the cursed "S" thing (Ask NiSh what it means), I thought about some improvements to DPF
For topics we can have an extra button "Lock/Unlock Topic" that automatically PMs the DPF team asking to lock or unlock it.Its not very useful but .......

And the DPF team has mostly the admins and only three mods!!(Two forum mods and one super mod)
Don't u think we may need more?

Will be posting as I get new ideas!!

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 51.10

Advertisement

Re: Some forum improvements

Postby DP-NiSh » July 8th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Maxedge wrote:For topics we can have an extra button "Lock/Unlock Topic" that automatically PMs the DPF team asking to lock or unlock it.

The Lock/Unlock button/option is for obvious reasons only visible to Mods, because its for the same purpose. Whereas regular members can use the <!> Report button to report a post for a specific reason, which is notified to the Mods and they can take necessary action.

And I hope everything doesn't end up locked due to off-topic'ness again, Lol.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Maxedge » July 9th, 2009, 11:19 am

DP-NiSh wrote:And I hope everything doesn't end up locked due to off-topic'ness again, Lol.

*Cough*

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby chocolate_fudge » July 10th, 2009, 3:17 pm

I agree with maxedge.. Only 3 moderators are not enough . We must have some more.
Right DP Ni$h ?? 8-)
Three Cheers For Desi Pokemon Forums................

ImageImage
chocolate_fudge
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Postby DP-NiSh » July 10th, 2009, 3:37 pm

That would be needed when there is that much of traffic on the forums, which isn't really at present. Stats fell down again.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Maxedge » July 11th, 2009, 10:43 am

Hey!! always think for the best!!

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Postby Maxedge » July 14th, 2009, 11:43 am

Hey something wrong with the timings??
On the site it shows It is currently July 14th, 2009, 12:33 pm when I posted and everywhere else (PC clock, wall clock and all) its one hours early => 11:33
Kindly check that!!

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Postby Cierra » July 14th, 2009, 3:14 pm

Timing prb i had one too, and for Lock/Unlock one yeah i'd likely go with Report Post.
Cierra
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Pokies: 37.67

Postby DP-NiSh » July 14th, 2009, 3:25 pm

Maxedge wrote:Hey something wrong with the timings??
On the site it shows It is currently July 14th, 2009, 12:33 pm when I posted and everywhere else (PC clock, wall clock and all) its one hours early => 11:33
Kindly check that!!

Check your UCP > Board Preferences if Daylight Saving Time is enabled. We don't follow it in India so Indians can set it to no. That can be the only reason for showing a +1 hour time difference. The time at my side is accurately shown though.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Maxedge » September 8th, 2009, 11:27 am

All right.....I discussed it with Nish, now I want ur opinion......
We really need some activity for this forum so I thought of a kind of contest....
[quote=Cierra]* A reputation system in which members will provide points to other members if they find their work or some post good, and similarly a bad reputation if they find the member abusive or something doing bad.[/quote]
including/excluding the good and bad post we will have points for regularity.....
--Each day u login and make a post u get a point.The nore u post the more points u get.
--Say a new topic will be made only for attendance( Roll call from school days :mrgreen: :mrgreen: lol)

After each month or say after fixed time(to be decided) we will count the posts...The one with highest post count will be given special priviledges (like moderator). If that person still remians at top the next time too, he/she will be promoted to higher level.....
We can have a point limit also in place of maximum posts, but max posts will be counted if there are two or more crossing the limit
However, if the person can't stay at top the next time or after that also (two times missed I mean) then there will be demotion.....
The whole purpose for this is to make people come here often( especially those who want to be one of the Staff)
Moreover we are encountering rising no. of spam posts now-a-days so we need some active Staff member.

All right now waiting for ur comments............

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Postby DP-NiSh » September 10th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Everything requires active participation as well. As you know the posting rate has gone terribly down in the past one or two months. Guess we still need more fans from other global forums to join in here, then it'll get lively again.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Prongs » November 25th, 2009, 10:28 am

Now only I and adyniz post everyday and and a new kid whose name I don't remember (tan I guess), but if you check it out now we have a huge increase in posts seeing that I and adyniz between ourselves post at least 50 a day. This requires a party huh?
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby DP-NiSh » November 25th, 2009, 12:41 pm

Lol, well.. that's how it is around here, so it's not really something new. Over the years we've had set of people who've been most active, and then gradually left the fandom completely. So enjoy your time while you're still here.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Prongs » November 25th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Not worry Nish, I won't leave at the moment. Even if everyone else leaves I will just double post!
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby adyniz » November 25th, 2009, 6:42 pm

As you told me that DOUBLE POSTS are not allowed (lol, just kidding).
I won't let that happen ( I will be there to reply your posts).
I will try my level best to keep DPf up to date and active.
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Pokies: 1,010.32

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Drop Box