DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Members in chatroom

Suggestions, complaints and support line.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Members in chatroom

Postby Apoorv Upreti » July 22nd, 2006, 10:00 pm

hmm............ while u were hmming and loling me to madness in the chatroom i noticed that one feature was missing there
it didnt show how many users were using the chatroom like on the chat room link at the top it shud be showing the amount of users currently using the chat room like
"Chatroom"(the link at the top)"1 member online"
Apoorv Upreti

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Advertisement

Postby DP-NiSh » July 23rd, 2006, 11:54 am

That's a good idea, but i'm sorry that's practically impossible at the moment. The Java Chatroom program that's loaded on the Chatroom page is independant of the forums, the only exclusion, it uses the forum SQL database for connecting to the IRC server and channel stored in the appropriate tables in the database, and the member's nickname from the database for using it to connect to the server.

If u need to display the number of members on the Chatroom, the forums wud have to be constantly connected to the chatroom which isn't possible, unless we have a bot that regularly sends the members list to the forums and stores the value in a database table, and the Chatroom link at the top uses that value to display the number of members. Thanks for ur suggestion, I appreciate it and might think of it in the future.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Apoorv Upreti » July 23rd, 2006, 6:44 pm

huh??? :? i didnt understand what u said but anyways........
Apoorv Upreti

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

• Advertisement

Return to Drop Box