DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Capable Nominees for DP-Forum's MOD Status

Suggestions, complaints and support line.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Who is capable for the Rank of SUPER MOD

Pranz
25%
tyranitar 3000
No votes
pokefanz
25%
~*Pearl*~
50%

Total votes : 4

Capable Nominees for DP-Forum's MOD Status

Postby pokéfanz » December 5th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Since Nish told me that there are lot of Competitors for the Post of MODERATOR (when i asked him to make me one :cool: ), he was confused. He couldn't deny the other Loyal users.

So I decided to Start a thread to help him out. And members can help in this.

He told that users must have the following qualifications for the Status:

* At least 100 posts
* Must be regular at DP-Forums
* Must be a Capable person

So here is the list of some persons I think are capable for this Post:

* Pranz
* tyranitar 3000
* pokefanz
* ~*Pearl*~ (yet to complete his century of posts, But regular)

Users are supposed to Vote for the best.......

If any other user thinks he must be included in this list he/she must give his/her name here and the reason why he/she must be included in the list..

SO HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........

No matter how small life is, live it like a king. Everyone leaves this world some day or the other, so whats the harm in leaving with a bang!? :D
pokéfanz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Advertisement

Postby DP-NiSh » December 9th, 2006, 3:23 am

First of all, nagging for moderatorship 24/7 won't get you one. Just because a member has met the requirements of a moderator's qualifications, made a certain amount of quality posts, been alive for a certain period of time, etc..,etc.. doesn't mean everyone gets to be one. Ofcourse a member is allowed to request for Moderatorship (NOT Super-Mod/Admin) if he/she feels he/she wants to take up the responsibility of a particular forum, visit it regularly, and have enough knowledge of the content of the forum to decide what's suitable and what's not appropriate and meant to be trashed. If you feel so you are worthy of it and interested, just drop by a nearby instant messenger (lol), and leave me a word (just ONCE).

I have to post this to those type of members who aren't here for fun, for enjoying the various discussions and getting involved in them, for the true sense of taking part in a Discussion Board. The only reason to constantly post is to get that 2-Masterball Moderator image below their nickname and feeling high about it.

Now I am not pointing at anyone, this is being said in general, that doing so does not get you the 'high' status. Getting involved more and more on the forums and helping out other members, sharing your knowledge and thoughts is what will get you known as 'cool' and popular on the forums. So I hope I don't see any more crazy unnecessary topics and chat conversations that will only make matters worse for you.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Re: Capable Nominees for DP-Forum's MOD Status

Postby DP-NiSh » December 9th, 2006, 3:42 am

Now regarding your above post pokefanz, lol time to bash you a bit :P

pokefanz @ Tue 05 Dec, 17:32 wrote:Since Nish told me that there are lot of Competitors for the Post of MODERATOR (when i asked him to make me one :cool: ), he was confused. He couldn't deny the other Loyal users.

Yes, NiSh did tell you there are a few members capable for joining the Staff and who I think can help maintain and improve DPForums, BUT only when you needed a valid reason for not giving you your desired Mod and Super-mod and Admin ranks..

pokefanz @ Tue 05 Dec, 17:32 wrote:So I decided to Start a thread to help him out. And members can help in this.

I do not need anyone to help me make such a kind of decision lol, ofcourse the Staff is here to choose any more members if required to join in, but not members themselves arguing who has to be made their leader lolz.. if such a political environment is needed, the Staff is allowed to do so, not anyone else.

pokefanz @ Tue 05 Dec, 17:32 wrote:He told that users must have the following qualifications for the Status:

* At least 100 posts

Now 150 posts or 100 whatever, is said so to ensure that the member is genuinely interested in our community, and to know more about his/her attitude, knowledge and abilities. There'll be tons of members completing 100 posts at some point, if I go about by that policy the whole memberlist will be shifted to the Staff page lol..
Oh and there's a 4th qualification needed, * Perfect Netiquette.. LOL

pokefanz @ Tue 05 Dec, 17:32 wrote:So here is the list of some persons I think are capable for this Post:..............

We never asked your opinion for choosing a moderator :) We don't even need one at the momemt, everythings fine around here, and only the Staff is allowed to make such votes and decisions. I always have a certain amount of names in mind, and when the right time arises, they will get their fair places in the DPForums Staff.

pokefanz @ Tue 05 Dec, 17:32 wrote:If any other user thinks he must be included in this list he/she must give his/her name here and the reason why he/she must be included in the list..

Nope, as mentioned in the above post, just drop by a nearby Instant messenger and leave me a word, or e-mail me.

--------------------------------------------------
Who is capable for the Rank of SUPER MOD
(No ending time set)
Pranz 33% [ 1 ]
tyranitar 3000 0% [ 0 ]
pokefanz 33% [ 1 ]
~*Pearl*~ 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3
--------------------------------------------------

Ah.. I see everyone has voted for himself lol

Enough said, I think this lecture should end the moderator craze going around. And since this was said on a general basis, it shouldn't offend you in any way, pokefanz.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby pokéfanz » December 9th, 2006, 7:20 am

sorry for the Post.....I thought it was needed, but alas it wasn't..

I am really sorry and promise not to Do such mischief again. Pl zdelete this post and by the way do write some qualifications for becoming a Mod at DP FORUMS

No matter how small life is, live it like a king. Everyone leaves this world some day or the other, so whats the harm in leaving with a bang!? :D
pokéfanz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Prongs » January 12th, 2010, 1:27 pm

pokéfanz wrote:Since Nish told me that there are lot of Competitors for the Post of MODERATOR (when i asked him to make me one :cool: ), he was confused. He couldn't deny the other Loyal users.

So I decided to Start a thread to help him out. And members can help in this.

He told that users must have the following qualifications for the Status:

* At least 100 posts

So here is the list of some persons I think are capable for this Post:

* Pranz
* tyranitar 3000
* pokefanz

If any other user thinks he must be included in this list he/she must give his/her name here and the reason why he/she must be included in the list..

rofl
It is fun going around finding about the history of Desipokemon. This thread indeed atttracts my attention.
On reading he tiltle I was surprised that we had a Nomination For Adminship kind of thing on DP...
pokéfanz wrote:Since Nish told me that there are lot of Competitors for the Post of MODERATOR (when i asked him to make me one :cool: ), he was confused. He couldn't deny the other Loyal users.

I have noticed that asking to be made a mod on other sites get you a "DON'T ASK!" message. NiSh is a bit different here.
Also the "LOYAL user"thing made me lol.
pokéfanz wrote:So I decided to Start a thread to help him out. And members can help in this.

Then I realised that this was unofficial. >_>
pokéfanz wrote:He told that users must have the following qualifications for the Status:

* At least 100 posts

No 1) It shows that Users of the past had comparitively less amount of posts than their current counterparts.
Since I have 1600 posts, I happen to pass this qualification easily, but still I am a normal user. This shows what a big thing this No. of posts would have been during those times.
No 2) Once again it shows that we had a very no of regular User during that time.
I seem to pass this qualification too and so do Tan and adyniz.
No 3) <_< Whatever pf meant by that is a mystery to me.
No comments.
pokéfanz wrote:So here is the list of some persons I think are capable for this Post:

* Pranz
* tyranitar 3000
* pokefanz

I actually went through these people's historical posts to see what he means by capable. A 100 posts are nothing now. And I didn't see them helping in any particular case so I can't really be sure what capable means.
I also notice that all these people are admins now. btw people, Pearl=Petey.
pokéfanz wrote:If any other user thinks he must be included in this list he/she must give his/her name here and the reason why he/she must be included in the list..

Well if this would have been official.....
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby DP-NiSh » January 12th, 2010, 1:29 pm

I SO never acknowledged all this -_- Nor was there any voting going on.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Prongs » January 12th, 2010, 4:14 pm

LIES!
<OO7> Begin it again
<OO7> Add Prongs to the list
<OO7> And let the voting begin!!!!!!

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Prongs » January 12th, 2010, 4:16 pm

LIES!
<OO7> Begin it again
<OO7> Add Prongs to the list
<OO7> And let the voting begin!!!!!!

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby pokéfanz » January 12th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Haha, thanks for reviving those memories Prongs. This is one post that I always look on to, whenever I visit DPf after a long interval :D
And yes, I was quite a n00b then, poking NiSh every now and then to be a part of the staff and now I see, and laugh because such a kiddo I was back then.. and yes, ofcourse, Prongs DPf was fun around then.. It really was! I am not a frequent visitor now, so I'm kinda outdated about the happenings here.
And lol, I guess I subscribed to this thread back then :p

pokéfanz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Petey » January 12th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Brings back memories.. (I do remember voting for myself.) ^^;
Anyway, just for the note, this thread got nowhere. :p

Edit: Wow.. nice co-incidence: 499th Post in this thread.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Postby Cierra » January 12th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Me makes 500th post.
Cierra
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Pokies: 37.67

Postby Petey » January 12th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Offtopic :
This thread's title makes me randomly imagine users being modded. xD
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Postby adyniz » January 13th, 2010, 12:11 am

heheh, now our mods are talkn about posts count too :D
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Pokies: 1,010.32

Postby Prongs » January 13th, 2010, 1:24 pm

pokéfanz wrote:Haha, thanks for reviving those memories Prongs. This is one post that I always look on to, whenever I visit DPf after a long interval :D
And yes, I was quite a n00b then, poking NiSh every now and then to be a part of the staff and now I see, and laugh because such a kiddo I was back then.. and yes, ofcourse, Prongs DPf was fun around then.. It really was! I am not a frequent visitor now, so I'm kinda outdated about the happenings here.
And lol, I guess I subscribed to this thread back then :p

Ah well if one post of mine makes an old User come here and lol then thats very good, isn't it?
When I started reading this post I felt as if this is official since you are and admin and such.....

@ady: No, pfz was not a mod when he posted this.

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby pokéfanz » October 25th, 2011, 6:27 pm

No, I wasn't =)

pokéfanz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Drop Box