DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Scripting Tutorial

Find information to customise your hack. A big document or tutorial to help you out, maybe? Come search here for a document that helps you with the aspect you wish to hack. (For Program Tutorials and Hex Documents only.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Scripting Tutorial

Postby kaijudo » October 16th, 2009, 10:44 pm

KAIJUDO's SCRIPTING TUTORIAL

I hope this tutorial dosen't need a moderator request or I'm sorry. This is a tutorial for scripting with Pokescript. Anyone who wants the program can send an email to [email protected] since posting links is banned i think. Is it? You also need a-map which is advance map. I'll tell you about compiling to in the email. Well, let's get on with the show!

Basic Scripting

Let's say you want to talk to a guy who says "Kaliba Hooha Duck Eating Mongoose". Lemme write a complete script and then I'll explain.

So now I explain. When we start a script we have to put #org and then $somepointer. You can put start or begin or uglyduckling or something but it can't have spaces. Then lock to lock everything in place including us so we don't move and faceplayer to make the person we talk to face us. Then message and some pointer again. It dosen't have to be $1 but something else without spaces. Then the same pointer for the message, a 1, an equal to sign and your message. The \n seperates the sentences. It appears like

From there you have to use \l. \n works but it might not. Experiment with it. Then there's \p to seperate as paragraphs. Ok now there's boxset 6, this shows that this is a normal text box. Then release to release everyone from lock and then end to end the script.

LESSON 1 BASIC SCRIPTING COMPLETE
Next lesson, next post....
Last edited by kaijudo on October 18th, 2009, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
....DONT DO IT! THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Thanks to Keshavkd........YAY
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 356.55

Advertisement

Re: Scripting Tutorial

Postby Prongs » October 17th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Oh cool, I want the program and you can post a link here.
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby kaijudo » October 18th, 2009, 11:06 am

Well, this is a long explanation. First after downloading you have to install pokescript to a folder and then you have to extract pkmadv or something to that same folder. Then you gotta make a script in notepad and save it as an rbc file. If you right click the file there should be an option called compile script. Click that and a program called bufrite will open. Click the torchlight and it'll ask the rom file. Select the rom file and click search. Copy the first offset and then press apply or something like that. Then from the file menu click burn. Ok, now open up advance map and then select some person or create a new person in a map. Paste the offset in the script box of the person instead of the offset already there or in case of new people you have 000000. Then test it out in your game. Now the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/294492365/P ... i.rar.html
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » October 18th, 2009, 11:25 am

Might as well start lesson 2 which is....

CHECKFLAG, CLEARFLAG & SETFLAG

Well these three are vital components in many scripts. As the first lesson lemme write a full script and then explain.

You talk to a guy, he says the first part. Talk to him again and he says the second part and then talk to him once more and he says the first part. Its a cycle script you could say.
Ok, now we have the normal #org lock faceplayer and then comes checkflag. This asks the game to check that flag. Then If b_true goto $somepointer which will start as another org. This says that if the flag has been set then goto $somepointer. Then message bpxset and blah, there we have a setflag, this set the flag 0x200. About 200 to 29F and 500 to 79F is usable I think. There are also special setflags such as badges, running shoes etc. Then we release and end. Then we have to start a script for $somepointer which we used with checkflag which in this case was $done. Then we write a script and then comes clearflag 0x200. This does the opposite of setflag. It clears the flag. So the script starts all over again.

LESSON 2 -FLAGS COMPLETE
Next Lesson, Next Post......
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby Prongs » October 18th, 2009, 1:32 pm

This sure is tough.
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby kaijudo » October 18th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Ok, might as well get on with it. Lesson 3!

YES/NO

This script is awfully simple. So lemme write it down. What it does is, you talk to a person, he asks something and then you yes or no and then he says something or gives you something.

So, let's see. Instead of boxset 6 we use boxset 5. This is a yes/no boxset. Then we have compare LASTRESULT. 1 means yes and 0 means no. So if we select yes then if b_true goto $somepointer like the last Lesson which had flags. If we gave If b_false then it would goto no but since we gave true it goes to the yes script. So that's it for lesson 3. Now lesson 4....

Lesson 3 - YES/NO COMPLETE
Next Lesson, Next Para.......

Ok so now let's do something crazy........Let's say.......Healing!

Specials

Specials are fun and can be used in a variety of ways. Let's make a nurse joy script using a special command.

Ok, so there's nothing new here except the special 0x0 and fadescreen 0. Fadescreen 0 makes the screen blink once or twice and then special 0x0 heals your pokemon. Here's a list of specials.

Oh and list of flags for whoever wants them

So enough for now

Lesson 4 - SPECIALS COMPLETE
Next Lesson, Next Post.....
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby Maxedge » October 18th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Can't wait for variables section......I don't just understand that part.....
Be a little bit n00bish there ok?
Coz its the toughest part!!

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Pokies: 51.10

Postby kaijudo » October 25th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Let's have some fun with people.

TRAINERBATTLE

I think you'll like this script!

The only thing to explain here is trainer battle. The first three digits are that of the PET trainers or the VSTRAINER(ATRAINER) trainers. Then 1 signifies a basic battle and then two pointers. One for something to say when he spots you and one when he loses. And you have to tick the trainer checkbox in a-map. So....

LESSON 5 - TRAINERBATTLE COMPLETE
Next Lesson, Next Post......
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby Maxedge » October 26th, 2009, 11:11 am

Cool!!
I think now that there's more than just PKSV now :mrgreen:

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Postby kaijudo » November 1st, 2009, 3:33 pm

Now something real fun

APPLYMOVEMENT

This is basically used for events. This is an easy script I guess.

Here we go. The new thing here is applymovement, pausemove 0 and the numbers. Applymovement works like applymovement 0xmappersonnumber $somepointer. The player's person number is FF so you write 0xFF. Then pausemove 0. This makes the script pause until the movements are complete. Then you create another pointer, the first one as $move1 and the second move as $move2 or something like that and then a #raw followed by movements.. I'll give you a list of movements to use. And you have to end the no's with 0xFE. This makes the game realise that the movements are over.

SO
LESSON 6 - APPLYMOVEMET COMPLETE
Next Lesson, Next post......
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » November 1st, 2009, 3:36 pm

Oh yeah, I just wanted to add to the post before, if you're going to assign it to an event, you have to remove lock and faceplayer and you'd probably want to use flags so that the event dosent keep repeating. And you have to set the unknown box of an event in advance map to 0003 and the variable no to something like 4050. Phew!
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » November 3rd, 2009, 1:58 pm

WILDBATTLE

This is to make a person in the map become a wild battle. You'll get it.

Oh, I should've taught you the #raw 0x53 earlier. What it does is it make the person you talked to disappear. Replace the 0F with a person no to make that person disappear. Then you setflag to make sure that it disappears until the flag is cleared. Remember that the flag no should be written on the flag box of that person who is supposed to disappear in a-map or he'll reappear. Then wildbattle is simple. Here we battle a Lv 50 Charizard at some place. I think 0 is grass. Try with 0 to 4. I'm not sure myself.

LESSON 7 -WILDBATTLE COMPLETE
Next Lesson, Next Post...........
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » October 9th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Kinda bumping this but thank god I wrote this, I forgot about scripting my self phew thank you god!
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby keshavkd » October 10th, 2010, 6:13 am

Phew readin all tht.... hard work.... ^_^;
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
This was the team i beat the elite in Pokemon White. I guess all were above Lv90.
keshavkd
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Pokies: 1,404.77

Postby Maxedge » December 23rd, 2011, 10:33 am

variables aren't there yet, but I got them myself :P

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

• Advertisement

Return to Documents and Tutorials