DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Zoroark (Competitve Analysis)

Discuss the 5th Generation of Pokémon - revelations, predictions, et al.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Zoroark (Competitve Analysis)

Postby kaijudo » October 8th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Well I'm not sure if most of you will be willing to read this but those who have interest in competitive sets, this is a competitive analysis for Zoroark I made, it took me over an hour or so uhhh read it please.

--------------------------------------------------
Zoroark Analysis
--------------------------------------------------

Base Stats : (Hp 60) (Attack 105) (Defense 60) (SpAttack 120) (SpDefense 60)
(Speed 105)

Max Ev'd : (Attack 309) (SpAttack 339) (Speed 309)

Ability : Illusion, that would mean that he could act as something else first before destroying you completely

Resists X 0.5 : Ghost, Dark
Resists X 0 : Psychic
Weaknesses X 4 : Bug, Fighting

Possible Moves:
Level 0 - U Turn
Level 5 - Pursuit
Level 25 - Taunt
Level 30 - Night Slash
Level 39 - Agility
Level 54 - Nasty Plot
Tm 30 - Shadow Ball
Tm 35 - Flamethrower
Tm 47 - Ankle Sweep
Tm 52 - Focus Blast
Tm 75 - Swords Dance
Tm 86 - Grass Knot
Tm 90 - Substitute
Egg Move - Dark Pulse

-------------------------------------------------

Zoroark is like a special attacking speedier version of Lucario and in some ways it can do better. Sure Lucario has a higher
amount of resistances and it can counter a load of things as well. Zoroark can function almost the same way Lucario does.
Swords Dance boost sweep minus a good fighting attack, you would have to go for ankle sweep or something. Agility boost same
thing as above. Finally where Zoroark dominates, a nasty plot set up along with a variety of moves, including the niche of
grass knot and flamethrower. There's also one thing that separates the two, Zoroark has access to taunt. It takes a small
amount of damage from stealth rock but it isn't too much. Illusion will allow cover in battle as you can come out as some
other pokemon at first and only Zoroark remains in that disguise until the opponent hits you. This will allow you to trick
your opponent quite wonderfully. You can set up in their faces most of the time with correct play. Your Zoroark is placed
before your Lucario (Party Order wise, so Zoroark first and Lucario second), Zoroark comes out into battle disguised
as Lucario. Your opponent switches to his Weavile or something, you surprise the guy and use flamethrower and decimate him.
When did a Lucario learn flamethrower your opponent will think and before he realises its a Zoroark in disguise it'll already
be too late. Scary right?

---------------------------------------------------

Set #1 Band Zoroark
Item : Choice Band
Ev's : 252 Speed / 252 Attk / 4 Hp
Jolly Nature ( +Speed, -SpAttack)
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
- Ankle Sweep
- Aerial Ace

Ok so this set is designed to make use of Zororak's somewhat high attack and combine it with Choice Band. After Ev's, Nature
and Choice Band boosts Zororark's attack rises approximately upto 490 or so, so it's quite high. With this it can beat down
quite a few pokemon. Though its physical movepool isn't so great, you get Night Slash with Stab which will have around 105
base power. Switching in to something you know will run away is what Pursuit is for, which will do massive damage, it does
around 50 - 60 % damage or so to a celebi with 252 evs in Hp and Def so it's pretty good. Zoroark has a lack of fighting
moves at it's disposal but Ankle Sweep can reduce your opponents speed once hit so its okay. Aerial Ace for fighting types
and such things which will block Zoroark.
Overall the moves in this set don't have much power, but coupled along with Choice Band I'm thinking these moves can do
enough damage.

----------------------------------------------------

Set #2 Taunt Zoroark
Item : Leftovers
Ev's : 252 Speed/ 252 SpAttack / 4 Hp
Timid Nature ( +Speed, -Attack)
- Taunt
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower / U-Turn / Focus Blast

This might not be the best set here but Zoroark does have taunt. The execution of the set is to obviously Taunt on something
you know will set up such as dragon dancer or a swords dancer etc. Then you proceed with damage dealing as usual and try
knocking something out. With enough prediction, you'll be able to knock out what's coming depending on whether they switch
or not. This Zoroark as you can see is a Specially based one. Grass Knot for water types, ground types, rock types etc.
Dark Pulse for general STAB move of destruction. The last move depends on whether you want to hit most steel types or whether
you want to run away and deal damage when something such as Heatran tries to block you. Heatran is a really good counter for
this set as there isn't a move here which can hurt Heatran very badly. Or you can always go for Focus Blast if you dont mind
the misses once in a while, then you're set.

-----------------------------------------------------

Set #3 Physical Zoroark
Item : Muscle Band / Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ev's : 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 Hp
Jolly Nature ( +Speed, -SpAttack)
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Ankle Sweep
- Aerial Ace / U-Turn

This set is quite like the first set but requires you to set up. One swords dance and Zoroark's attack reaches somewhere near
620 or so. So once setup, this set is stronger than the Banded set. As always, STAB move Night Slash physical ripper.
Ankle sweep like in the last set, hit your opponent and his speed falls. This could cause some switches, if your opponent
thinks that the Zoroark is banded then you get the element of surprise. The last slot is either scouting and stuff or for
damage on fighting pokemon, grass types etc.
The item depends upon you, you can get the minor benefit of muscle band, the bigger benefit of life orb for your soul(HP)
or you can go with having a boost only when your moves are super effective.

There is one alternate play you can do with this set, you can change the nature to Adamant for a bigger attack stat, use
life orb as your hold item and then replace Swords Dance with Agility. After an agility it's speed goes somewhere near
620 or so as well and that's really high. Though Swords Dance would be the better option.

------------------------------------------------------

Set #4 Special Zoroark
Item : Wise Glasses / Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ev's : 252 Speed / 252 SpAttack / 4 Hp
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast / Flamethrower

This is somewhat like the Physical Zoroark but stronger in a way as Zoroark has better SpAttack stats. After a single Nasty
Plot, it's special attack sky-rockets to somewhere approximately near 680. After this Zoroark can start sweeping opponents
one after the other. Three attacks, Dark Pulse STAB killer, Grass Knot for bulky waters, ground, rock etc. The last one
depends on either getting walled by stuff like Heatran (Though after a Nasty Plot Dark Pulse will still do a bit of damage)
or using Focus Blast and hope it doesn't miss all the time. Either one's okay.

Set #5 Specs Zoroark
Item : Choice Specs
Ev's : 252 Speed / 252 SpAttack / 4 Hp
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

The special version of our Band Zoroark. After Choice specs...well we have around 520 SpAttack or so and I think that'll be
enough to KO a few guys before going down. Just like in the previous sets, STAB Dark Pulse, Flamethrower for steels and such,
Grass Knot for bulky waters and such, Focus Blast for pokemon like Heatran. This pretty much covers all of Zoroarks
Weaknesses. Not much to say about this set, standard Specs user with a load of power.

Set #6 Scarf Zoroark
Item : Choice Scarf
Ev's : 252 Speed / (252 Spattack or 252 Attack) / 4 Hp
Adamant (+Attack, -Spattack) or Modest (+SpAttack, -Attack)
- Ankle Sweep / Focus Blast
- Aerial Ace / Flamethrower
- Night Slash / Dark Pulse
- Pursuit / Grass Knot

Ok basically this is a set that's actually two sets. Either you can go for the Physical Scarf version and use the Nature and
Attacks on the left which is the Adamant Nature and the physical attacks or you can use the Special Scarf version and use
the Nature and attacks on the right side.
This is just like the Choice Band / Choice Specs set but instead of the boost in Attack / SpAttack you get a boost in speed
to beat up everybody before they know what's happening. Read past two Choice sets please.

Set #7 Mixed Zoroark
Item : Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ev's : 252 Speed / 172 SpAttack / 80 Attack
Naive Nature ( +Speed, -SpDefense)
- Dark Pulse
- Ankle Sweep
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

This set isn't very powerful and it acts like a kind of a lesser Infernape. With Ankle Sweep you can slow everybody down,
just enough evs so that Ankle Sweep isn't really weak. It's kinda more reliable than Focus Blast as well as this won't miss
unless in conditions like hail where Frosslass comes out and her Snow Cloak activates. It also gets Blissey which would wall.
Then three special attacking moves Dark Pulse, Flamethrower and Grass Knot which are used just as before.
Well ok then.

-------------------------------------------------------

That's all of the sets I have currently made, though they haven't been tested out yet.

Team options: Zoroark needs pokemon it can run to as most attacks would demolish it, it's defenses aren't very great as you
can see. Gyarados would be a good pokemon for Zoroark to switch to. It can take both of Zoroark's weaknesses very well as
it is resistant to bug and fighting moves.

Counters: Heatran is a counter of some of the sets as I have mentioned above. Gyarados is able to counter most the sets as
well. It can survive most hits even the setup ones and the Dragon Dance or slam you in your face or something.

That's it for my analysis.
Last edited by kaijudo on October 8th, 2010, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....DONT DO IT! THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Thanks to Keshavkd........YAY
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 356.55

Advertisement

Re: Zoroark (Competitve Analysis)

Postby keshavkd » October 8th, 2010, 8:09 pm

One thing I wanna say.... OMG... seriously O_O... U make me feel so... so.... noob :) :( :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
This was the team i beat the elite in Pokemon White. I guess all were above Lv90.
keshavkd
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 1,404.77

Postby kaijudo » October 8th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Don't worry, you'll reach here soon
Start playing Shoddy Battle or Pokemon Online and start learning different strategies and competitive play.
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby keshavkd » October 9th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Shoddy Battle?
This was the team i beat the elite in Pokemon White. I guess all were above Lv90.
keshavkd
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » October 9th, 2010, 6:02 pm

Yeah, Shoddy Battle and Pokemon online are two online battle simulating games, you make a team, competitive of course, you go to some online server that'll be listed, and you can challenge people to battles...you can also chat there too. I hope you do know about Ev's, Iv's, Nature Boosts etc?
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby keshavkd » October 10th, 2010, 6:08 am

No... actually i dont... I think its like boostin power of held itms or ability or nature.... i guess
keshavkd
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » October 10th, 2010, 3:34 pm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/925601-pokem ... faqs/48969

Read this, you'll understand about Ev training
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby keshavkd » October 11th, 2010, 7:22 am

ok.. :D
keshavkd
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby Prongs » November 2nd, 2010, 2:20 pm

Many though the similarities between Lucario and Zoroark are, they cannot be even distantly be used in place of another. For myself I used another Pokémon with Aura Sphere as a replacement of Lucario. Lets see if you can guess which it is.
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby keshavkd » November 2nd, 2010, 8:44 pm

Togekiss?? Riolu??
keshavkd
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » November 3rd, 2010, 12:30 pm

Uhhh Mew? :D
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby keshavkd » November 3rd, 2010, 5:03 pm

me need answer :3
keshavkd
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

• Advertisement

Return to Pokémon Black & White