DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Cartoon Network India

The dedicated forum for the Indian Pokémon scene (includes Toonami). Discussions on voiceover, attacks, naming, time schedules, merchandize availabililty and other differences compared to the rest of the world to be posted.
DO NOT POST GENERAL TOPICS HERE.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Cartoon Network India

Postby DP-NiSh » August 1st, 2005, 12:16 am

What do u think 'bout its Pokemon Series :P

Well, most of us all (Indians) know that CNIndia started airing Pokemon very late as compared to other countries, it was May 2003. Since then heres the way they aired:

1. Indigo League till eps 62
2. Repeat Indigo League till eps 60 [that was OK cuz many like me missed the earlier ones while the show was new]
3. Indigo League till end and Orange League till Charizard Chills
4. Many Repeats of it
5. Atlast finally on 12th May, 04 Rest of Orange League & Johto Journeys all
6. Repeats of the above
7. Repeats from the start...
8. And then while the repeats continued Mon-Fri... they suddenly started showing :shock: PokeMonth... 6 hrs of Pokemon (the above orange-johto repeats) on Sundays 4 - 10 pm :shock: WOW!!! But Repeats....
9. And finally... on 11th May, '05 Johto League Champions :D NEW SERIES AT LAST!!!
And as always for those who missed out on those eps (like me), JLC Repeats again from 22 July, '05

Im atleast happy they've continued Pokemon (unlike sum countries), and besides they show it 5 days a week :D USA & Jap are just once.
Besides, they need to dub it in Hindi and thats a lot of hard work :( And they got lots of other cartoons to dub for others (not everyone watches just Pokemon), yet they show new series every summer for us to enjoy the holidays and not miss any of 'em

Some of u may be knowing that CNIndia promised to show the Series 4,5,6 this year, so i hope they show Master Quest soon after JLC Repeats and not more repeats again, following up with Advanced. Also promised the 1st Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back will most probably be in the holidays (since it wasnt this summer, it must be Diwali).

Hope for the Best & CNIndia Keep it UP!!! Thanks for continuing Pokemon & Thanks to all those chips and candy brands who give away free Pokemon Merchandise alongwith their products.

Any comments on CNIndia :lol: Post here... if u r in tune with it
Last edited by DP-NiSh on August 1st, 2005, 12:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Advertisement

Postby zdebel » September 18th, 2005, 1:40 pm

omg, you have so much luck, in Poland pokemon hasn't aired for some years now :(, but they made the metal tazzoo of pokemon advanced, so there's a chance that it will air :D, oh and btw:

kem che Nishant? >.<
zdebel
BANNED Baka
BANNED Baka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Postby Misty » September 18th, 2005, 8:34 pm

It's Hell in HK as only aired up till the end of the Orange League~
So nice eh? =P~
Shinobu the banker :>~
Misty
New Trainer
New Trainer

Postby zdebel » September 18th, 2005, 9:01 pm

oh hi there Misty :D:D:D
zdebel
BANNED Baka
BANNED Baka

Hi Misty lol

Postby DP-NiSh » September 18th, 2005, 9:42 pm

Ah haha,,, Meeting up IRC Palz here :lol: Cool! Maybe u guys shud invite more of ur friends here
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby zdebel » September 18th, 2005, 10:46 pm

xD
zdebel
BANNED Baka
BANNED Baka

Postby Queen Rayquaza » April 19th, 2006, 9:18 pm

I hate it when these guys dub everything in Hindi!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
overall its a good cartoon channel but i dont think it can ever beat Animax!
ImageImageImage
Queen Rayquaza

Postby bala88 » May 11th, 2006, 6:41 pm

You can say that again rayquaza rocks! :D
bala88
BANNED Baka
BANNED Baka

Postby Apoorv Upreti » June 3rd, 2006, 12:33 pm

Dubbing everything in hindi takes the fun away from watchng the anime....
:( wish they'd show it in english.
Apoorv Upreti

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shiny Suicune » June 3rd, 2006, 12:43 pm

Hi Apoorv!
Anyway, let me tell you something. The hindi and japanese version of the anime is much better than english. Trust me. Me and DP-Nish have heard all 3. You cant belive how horrible english is and maybe you already know this but:

James: Sounds like an old man
Meowth: Why do they make him talk like a ganster
Jessie: OWWW!! Dont Ask
Ash: Sounds like he has a permanent throat infection
These are the worst

sigh

Get my point!

And the dubbing is crap. All the nonsense of the world gets put into those, that is the reason why since Jhoto Journeys the hindi dub has drasticly improved. Know why? Because they stopped copletely translating and instead put a bit of indian flair in it, especialy in the way they speak.

LoL My fav--- Brock : Acha hua mujhe cricket khelna aata hai (from the stantler episode)
THE NORTH WIND RULES SUPREME!!!
Shiny Suicune
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Cartoon Network India

Postby Hikari » August 21st, 2006, 4:48 pm

*still hasn't forgotten DP* O_O Why do people think I've lost interest in Pokemon? I've just become less obsessed xD Anyway, off the topic -_- I think the Indian version is much better than any other version, because of the mon-fri setting, extra-extra-extra advertising and showing old eps, catching up fast with the eng version even after 50,000 re-runs, and etc, etc, etc. The people on CN aren't bad after all (though I would've loved if they had shown it on Animax, Animax hardly stops an anime in the middle and reruns it again <33 The only prob is that the voice actors are "teh horrible" lol xDD)

o.0 You shouldn't say that about Veronica Taylor, though! She's soooo awesome ^-^
When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into a water-pistol and squirt it at everyone! xDDDD

And I thought that everything would be okay...
Hikari
New Trainer
New Trainer

Postby DP-NiSh » August 21st, 2006, 4:55 pm

Lol, actually I too have got into watching other animes, for Pokemon I only watch the weekly AG episodes from Japan. I'm now into School Rumble and Powerpuff Girls Z ;p I wonder if u've tried them, lol, School Rumble is a great comedy :lol:

And yes, the English VA's arent that bad, especially Veronica. She does a great job doing multi-voice acting, I believe that's a talent in herself. It's just that the thing I wud not like about dubs I mentioned is the EDITS... u know what I'm talkin bout, so I won't ellaborate on that.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Hikari » August 21st, 2006, 5:04 pm

Can't read the manga of School Rumble, it's 16+ (though actually no one sees in India =P And yep, I'm younger than 16). As for the anime, where do you see it? I'm living off anime blogs xDD

Well, yesh, but anyway the VA's are going to change...I think so *_*
When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into a water-pistol and squirt it at everyone! xDDDD

And I thought that everything would be okay...
Hikari
New Trainer
New Trainer

Postby Blaziken75 » August 21st, 2006, 5:05 pm

I agree with apoorv and rayquaza rocks, the hindi version sucks!.The hindi can never be better than the english version (no matter how bad it is), cause they are dubbing the english version itself to hindi so the cut scenes from the jap version won't be there in the hindi version either.

Blaziken75
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shiny Suicune » August 21st, 2006, 5:43 pm

I agree with apoorv and rayquaza rocks, the hindi version sucks!.The hindi can never be better than the english version (no matter how bad it is), cause they are dubbing the english version itself to hindi so the cut scenes from the jap version won't be there in the hindi version either.

And that's our fault? If the United States had not monopolized the "international" version of Pokemon, then every country would be getting their episodes directly from the Japanese. It is entirely possioble for us to dub directly from Japanese........ how? Remember Digimon? That's proof. I did not even like the show but the dubbing was top notch. Why? BECAUSE WE DONT EDIT, REMOVE SCENES LIKE THOSE STUPID AMERICANS DO! The American public are the biggest cowards in the world, at least 4KIDS is. OOH! A GUN! LETS EDIT IT AND TURN IT INTO A LOLLYPOP! WE DONT WANT OUR CHILDREN GETTING TAINTED!................ yeah right! American kids are the most vicious creatures in the world. The edits are useless............ Proof: Google for "Coulmbine Shootings"
THE NORTH WIND RULES SUPREME!!!
Shiny Suicune
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Mera Pokémon (India)