DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

CN-India stops dubbing PAC in Hindi

The dedicated forum for the Indian Pokémon scene (includes Toonami). Discussions on voiceover, attacks, naming, time schedules, merchandize availabililty and other differences compared to the rest of the world to be posted.
DO NOT POST GENERAL TOPICS HERE.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

CN-India stops dubbing PAC in Hindi

Postby Petey » December 9th, 2006, 5:22 pm

Starting from today's Episode, US344: Balance of Power, CN-India is going to show PAC in it's US Dub. Unexpected move on the part of CN-India.
Discuss...
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Advertisement

Re: CN-India stops dubbing PAC in Hindi

Postby Shiny Suicune » December 9th, 2006, 8:02 pm

I was really shocked when I saw pokemon in ENGLISH on CN today at 5. Did they just 'forget' to dub it? Is this a fluke? Does this mean pokemon is not popular enough to dub in hindi? Thats crazy... When every single show is, wynaut Pokemon?
This may be 4KIDS doing... but they arent in charge anymore... Its PUSA!
THE NORTH WIND RULES SUPREME!!!
Shiny Suicune
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Postby Petey » December 9th, 2006, 8:53 pm

LOL, yea, guess PUSA decided to stop the dub; or maybe this was just an audio error. =/
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Friend Code 485508721419

Postby DP-NiSh » December 9th, 2006, 9:48 pm

WTF was the same shockin' feeling for me at 5 pm, when after I got my TV fixed today (had color issues for a couple of months now) and was anxious to watch Pokemon back in high color today. I was going to post the same, but instead waited for the 8pm version.. which alas.. too was shown in English.

NEVER has it happened that Pokemon was aired in English at my place. For a moment I thought maybe my cable operator switched the CN version, just like South India and some other regions prefer the Engish dub due to less usage of Hindi over there... but in Mumbai!!!??! And yet again WTF!!, I then realise all the rest of the shows as well as the ads are in Hindi, EXCEPT Pokemon!!

That goes to show that something is up with the dubbing process for Pokemon now in CNIndia, is it that they think the English version is preferred over the localized version ? I don't think so, because ofcourse some of the urban viewers wud think so, but American English is NOT suitable for the most of the rural India that watches Cartoon Network. It may also occur that this particular episode wasn't dubbed or some related issue, for which we wil get answer to it on Monday, on the next episode.

And FYI, I don't know why you both are dragging PUSA in here, it has nothing to do with the dubbing, this is PAC, not PBF. AFAIK Pokemon is still being dubbed in other countries in languages like Spanish, French, German, etc.

[offtopic]This has nothing to do with the dubbing issue, but something I'd like to note that today's episode was when the 2nd intro or 2nd season (well not exactly) of the Advanced Generation in Japan began.
AG 70 [346] - Petalburg Gym Battle Five Badges
Really got nothing to do with the dub, but in my collection, the Japanese raws have been categorised under Season 7 from this episode onwards due to a new intro.[/offtopic]

I just hope they don't stop dubbing Pokemon in Hindi from now on, oh God.. pretty please don't.. that will be terrible :cry: Let's all pray for this..
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Blaziken75 » December 10th, 2006, 10:52 am

bah, My cable Operator is giving me CN in Englsih like in South India, for over two weeks now, so, I have gotten used to watchin the english episodes again.

Blaziken75
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Apoorv Upreti » December 11th, 2006, 9:41 pm

maybe the US dubs are more popular than the hindi dubbed ones.
Apoorv Upreti

Postby Pranz » December 12th, 2006, 12:43 am

I liked the Hindi Dubs! Atleast Max sounded decent!
Now my ears hurt when i hear his voice. :(
Pranz
League Champion
League Champion

Postby Petey » December 13th, 2006, 10:39 pm

YaY! CN-India has started iring localized dubs again!!
Today's ep aired in Hindi (atleast for me)! ;D
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Friend Code 485508721419

Postby DP-NiSh » December 14th, 2006, 5:50 pm

YAYs!! I had stopped watching the show for that reason on CN, and knew if they'll start to air back Hindi again, it'll be posted around here ^__^ w00h00 It's so great to listen to the hindi title theme again, and May's lovely hindi voice. It's not just the language that differs when u watch an English dub, it's also the Hindi-ish style, the Indian-ness in the Pokemon show that u miss :p
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby mantislovervaibhav2 » January 3rd, 2007, 2:15 pm

I don't understand why People like CN in Hindi: especially you ~*Pearl*~ ( for that reason).
Personally I prefer it in English. On that day, the first thing I saw was Sabrina, the animated series in English. I was delighted; more so at 5 PM!
Imagehere is my TC for a while! give me pointers to improve upon it.

mantislovervaibhav2
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby Nem » May 25th, 2007, 2:45 am

Apoorv Upreti @ 11th December 2006, 9:41 pm wrote:maybe the US dubs are more popular than the hindi dubbed ones.

'maybe' what do you mean by 'maybe'? English dubs are 1000 times better than -
Blaine : Magmar, Jwala bukka! (Fire Punch)
I hate Blissey eggs for breakfast, nor do i enjoy those Skarmory leg pieces.
Nem
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Petey » June 12th, 2008, 2:32 pm

mantislovervaibhav2 @ Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 pm wrote:I don't understand why People like CN in Hindi: especially you ~*Pearl*~ ( for that reason).
Personally I prefer it in English. On that day, the first thing I saw was Sabrina, the animated series in English. I was delighted; more so at 5 PM!

A year late reply, but mostly for some variation. :P
Even more since the English dub is no longer "the best" that I imagined it to be.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Friend Code 485508721419

• Advertisement

Return to Mera Pokémon (India)