DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

My Pokemon TCG board

Show off how much of a Pokémon freak you are!

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

My Pokemon TCG board

Postby DP-NiSh » December 26th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Back when I was into Pokemon TCG, during 2003, debut of Pokemon anime in India, I had a custom board designed by myself, and printed it out, pasted on cardboard, to play the TCG game in a better organized manner. Usually people just spread the cards all around the desk, but this would make the game feel neater. Just found this recently dumped away somewhere, so sharing it.

(The "Arena" part wasn't always flat, was supposed to be rounded and bulging out, to give it a 45 degree angle on both sides of "Active Pokemon" so the cards are facing slightly towards you.)

Even the TCG cards I had were all printed by me from images off the web, because it was too early for any cards to arrive in India, and even when they did later on, they were all dupes. Wasted a lot of ink on them, but anyhow it was fun playing them with friends. Forgot to pic them.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Advertisement

Re: My Pokemon TCG board

Postby Kawaii-Abhi » December 27th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Yeah...fake cards...missed those days when we used to have 2000 HP charizards :)

My TCG board came with a funskool game and honestly yours looks better (though it has got Ash all over it -.- , Monochrome Red would have been better :P)
Last edited by Kawaii-Abhi on December 27th, 2009, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIDOOF PLAGUE!!!
[smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif]
[smilie=dpa493.gif] ←"Oh noes!"
Kawaii-Abhi
League Champion
League Champion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 219.38

Postby DP-NiSh » December 27th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Kawaii-Abhi wrote:Yeah...fake cards...missed those days when we used to have 2000 HP charizards :)

My TCG board came with a funskool game and honestly yours looks better (though it has got Ash all over it -.- , Monochrome Red would have been better :P)

Uh no no, I was a newbie to making graphics, so you'll see more of gradients and random images around. I used to use CorelDraw back then.

o.o @ 2000 HP Charizard
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Petey » December 27th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Wow, that looks like a really well-made board. D:
I tried doing something similar though I ended up messing up. I did have a few manufactured boards that came with fake card box-sets. I wonder where they are.. I still have a lot of fake cards around though. :P As for printing, I used to do that for energy cards as they were a rarity (I still remember friends asking for 20 cards to trade for an energy card ^^;).
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

• Advertisement

Return to My PokéWorld