DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

A DEEP LOOK INTO HOW A POKEMON EXISTS: A THESIS

Show off how much of a Pokémon freak you are!

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Postby kaijudo » January 27th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Ok I'm not sure whether this is the right forum or not and I think most of you just went crazy with the title thread. I decided to look into the deeper aspects of a pokemon and the thesis is very scientific like. So don't blame me even though their virtual, I have a lot of spare time!

So the title is the name of the thesis. I'm wondering if I'm allowed to charge a small pokies fee for the reading. I'm also thinking of supplying a single article every week like a magazine for something like 10 pokies. The entire thing will cost 60 pokies. But you can have you can have 60 % back if you dont like it. Those who want it, send me the pokies and provide me your email. Btw, you can subscribe, just give me your email.

Though I'm not sure if this is a good idea, thought I'd give it a try. Btw, I'm not finished but almost 40%, weekly would work.

----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT!!!!!!: Ok, forget all I've written above. I'm not charging pokies, free to read.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does a pokemon spew pressurized water? How do some breathe fire? I’m writing this to prove things such as these questions and the second reason is that I have a lot of spare time.

A pokemon, like us humans, animals and birds etc are living biotic creatures even though their made up and are virtual. But haven’t you ever wondered how they do stuff? Like different species of animals, pokemon also differ. Their organs might be different and extra organs might exist to help it use the attacks it needs to use etc. They could have an extra intestine to help store excess energy, using waste matter and converting it like using biogas. Every pokemon will have different types of organs and how its appearance is formed, by various methods.

We can first take a topic of why pokemon battle. As each generation passes, certain genes are passed down and are stored in out deoxy rybo nucleic acid structures or DNA for short. Pokemon have a certain instinct within their DNA structures. There must be a memory line or something of the sort. The pokemon DNA would have different structures in it such as a move structure for the current moves it knows to pass on etc and the memory structure to remember moves from its past or from its ancestral past.

Most animals have an aggressive instinct to attack other animals to defend their territory. Pokemon in the past might have had this but it later developed into a more domestic manner such as the pokemon battling we have now. And wild pokemon let the humans catch them within whatever a pokeball was made out of first, probably wood and something like a liquid, so that they could get stronger. But the ferocity of this instinct varies from pokemon to pokemon. So thus pokemon get different natures.

Mammals took a thousand years, and that’s an understatement, to evolve into what they are now. An example is us who evolved from homosapiens. This is due to changes within our environment and the need to adapt. But the instinct I was talking about a paragraph ago is the same reason of the rapid adaptation of pokemon. When they reach a particular level, the DNA remodels it self to allow the pokemon to change and become stronger. Of course it can get cancelled by the pokedex by pressing the B button. This is probably because the pokedex can send out radio wave like things to stop the DNA from remodeling it self. That’s why evolution takes place so fast.

Another question is why you always get the female pokemon while breeding. This is because of the genomes in the DNA. It’s a derivation of a gene by the way. In humans the ratio of male and female genomes is 2:1 but in a pokemon, or so I conspire, it is 2:3. Which means that the female genomes are always higher in any pokemon be it male or female.
An egg has an outer shell which is tough, an inner shell which is porous and the yolk. Pokemon eggs work like hen eggs. It doesn’t take much time for the zygote produced by the male and female to fully develop and the female lays it, so pokemon are very much like chickens.

The baby develops within the embryo or the yolk. Its DNA, which has the genomes, will have the female genomes more in comparison to the male genomes. So the baby will develop into the female pokemon. But in the case of ditto, it duplicates the genomes of the pokemon it breeds with. As in, it copies the gender and then its genomes become that single gender. So the pokemon who isn’t ditto is the species the baby will be. And since dittos don’t have genomes, they can’t breed with their own species. As I said a few paragraphs before, the pokemon DNA structure might have a memory line. So the moves that the father knows will be bred into the baby due to that reason. The memory line provides the moves if the father knows it and if the baby’s body can sustain it.

Then how do pokemon learn attacks? Well, their ancestors might have learned the attacks through various methods and the memory line exists, the current descendants can learn those moves. So if Lucario had an ancestor who knew hyper beam, eventually the move would be passed down from generation to generation and the memory line would allow the current one to learn hyper beam at a certain level. Why do pokemon learn these moves at different levels? This is due to the reason that a move that requires more power might need remodeling of the DNA structure but not as much as evolution. The stronger the pokemon the faster it can mold its attacks and learn these moves. Same applies for TMs and HMs.

Now to look at how pokemon types work out. Let’s take out first example

Floatzel - Water

Floatzel is a water pokemon found in sinnoh and is the evolved form of Buizel. Now how does it use water attacks? We are going to look into that.
First of all, it needs a place to store the water it needs. For this, certain biological organs must exist. There must be an organ somewhere which is attached to the stomach wall. We know that when water vapor condenses, it becomes water. So there are two ways for water pokemon to get the energy it needs. One, the skin near the organ will be a bit porous and allows water vapor to go through. The second way is to obtain it by breathing in air quickly like hyperventilation. Okay, now we send Floatzel to battle with a wild cry. We need it to use a water attack.

Now an action takes place. It quickly breathes in a large amount of oxygen but it is barely visible to the naked eye. Then, the oxygen and the water vapor are in the organ. The organ vibrates madly and the tube that connects it to an alternate tube near the food pipe gets contracted. The organ is becomes very cool and water is accumulated. The water is ready to burst due to the contraction within the organ but the organ has a thick wall and it doesn’t hurt the pokemon. A lot of pressure is built up and then all at once the water flows out with the tremendous pressure. Floatzel opens the duct of the water tube or whatever and the pressurized water spews out. The reaction is very fast and it doesn’t take long for the pokemon to do this. Every water pokemon special organ might differ in some way or another but it doesn’t necessarily have to.

Floatzel used this much energy for just a water gun actually. But it didn’t take much energy. A hydro pump would require much more pent up force, a water pulse would require pressure but the force would be less. Aqua Jet is an interesting move. It probably works this way. The skin near the organ is a little porous as I have written before. The water seeps from there at an immense rate and a water barrier is formed. Thus different attacks are executed in the same manner as the above ones.

But there’s one thing here. It takes an immense amount of energy to do something like this. To provide the energy needed, berries are eaten. Yes, berries, because berries of different types provide different energy. To a human it might taste normal and it might be the same effect for a pokemon, but compare the energy given between the human and the pokemon, the ratio would be something like 1:30 or so. Different pokemon have different tastes and the preferred tastes give them more energy because their bodies react to it better than other tastes.

I forgot to mention another thing about water pokemon. All water pokemon are able to breathe under water. This is because they have a second set of lungs which have an immense amount of oxygen. Pokemon who permanently live in the sea have the same feature but dissolved oxygen to breathe on land. Water filled in their lungs is the reason.

Now let’s look at fire with our very own master of fire, Mr.Charizard!
How do fire pokemon breathe fire? It’s got something to do with combustion. Whenever we eat something and we swallow it, digestion begins to take place. From the digesting process, hydrogen is produced. The same thing occurs with all living creatures. Then, the flame pokemon have a special organ inside them which allows the separation of helium, nitrogen, methane and phosphorus from within certain berries. So Charizard eats a berry and energy gets built up. The energy built up lasts for quite a while and depends on the energy give by the particular berry and also the quantity that has been consumed.

At the point of using an attack, it works really like a matchstick. The phosphorus rubs against a rough bone plate in the throat. The entire outer body, face, mouth and throat has an uninflammable material. The phosphorus provides the heat needed for hydrogen and the other gasses to combust with the oxygen in the air and the huge flame is produced. Just like how much pressure is built up in water pokemon, pressure can be built up within the special organ but not for a long period of time. The fire erupts from their stomach and the stomach wall is uninflammable as well. The food eaten also gets burned as a fuel and provides bonus energy from the hydrogen. The pressurized fire will travel pretty far but its power will decrease as it burns more oxygen.

That’s pretty much how a fire pokemon uses its attacks. Now let’s move onto the Pichu brothers and their electric storm.

How is electricity produced? Electricity is produced due to the flow of electrons from a charged body. The direction of electricity is opposite to the direction of the flow of electrons. There’s the normal electric current and static electricity where the charge doesn’t flow and remains stationary.
So we need to get this on an electric pokemon in order to make it work. Let’s see now, the Pichu Brothers use there cheeks to shoot off electrical attacks. We can say that the cheeks contain a special sort of tissue. The process that occurs may be this. The electric current produced by an electric pokemon’s body is very large and hard to control. The cheeks must have a special tissue which allows tapping into the energy by locking onto the nerve cells for a few milliseconds. One cheek produces positive charge and the other one negative. When the cheek has the sufficient energy needed, it discharges. The two charges attract each other and an electric attack is formed.

Just like water pokemon, the electric pokemon have some sort of small special organ which allows it to rapidly produce water vapor. This water vapor goes to the cheeks and when the discharge occurs, the pokemon can control the direction and power of the water vapor released for some distance by using the discharge. But the water vapor needed is high and so is the power need to thrust it far enough to create a bridge for the electric attack.

An electric pokemon’s body is a very bad conductor of electricity. The outer part is while the inner part isn’t. We can’t call the body an insulator since it can take damage from electrical attacks, so it’s better to call it a bad conductor instead. The coating might be the same as the one fire pokemon have to protect themselves from themselves. It also helps them to charge a bit more power as the electricity wouldn’t affect them much.

Ok, now we covered electric pokemon. Let’s move on to grass types with the Turtwig Evos.

Almost or all the grass pokemon have some kind of a plant on them. These plants are primarily used for attacking. The plants are actually parasites and the berries are the only thing which can support grass pokemon’s energy from being completely sucked. Berries provide an important function in a Pokemon’s functioning. As long as the host provides energy, the plants can be willingly controlled by the nervous system of the host.

So what that means is that, the plant is essentially the living pokemon itself. Just like we move our limbs, the grass pokemon can control the movement, absorption and other stuff like growth rates. The plants use what normal plants in the real world do. Such as solar beam, Turtwig is going to use it. Turtwig first uses photosynthesis to make energy and then converts it into an energy source which can be deflected from the inside of the leaf.

Due to the growth rates, attacks will come out in rapid succession. In most of the pokemon, a huge amount of energy is required. So Grotle can use razor leaf continuously without stopping if it has the right amount of energy. Due to the same reason, many grass pokemon do not require much exp to level up, growth rates are very high.

Ok now we can go haywire with the other ones. Such as Ice, ice is formed using the same process as in water pokemon but the energy is more likely used for an advanced cooling system. The water vapor has to be cooled down to the state of solid or ice. Most of the Ice pokemon have coatings to protect themselves from the cold. Ice attacks require a lot of effort. A water pokemon could do it as well but it requires more energy. There would have to be a rapid breathing technique of cooling the water faster or making the ice harder. So that’s how an ice pokemon does it.

Flying pokemon use very basic air pressure systems to launch their attacks. For instance, using air slash. First the pokemon creates a very low pressure area by cutting the air at a rapid pace with its wings. It may even cause a vacuum. The high pressure area winds swoop down to the low pressure area and once the correct pressure is created, the slash of air created by the pokemon gets blown away due to the same reason as the rapid swishing. Bird pokemon should be lighter than normal birds to achieve the extremely fast swishing. Exceptions are skarmory which have enough strength to break the air even in slow swishes of its wings.

Next we move onto rock and steel types. Rock pokemon are very simple to explain. THEIR LIVING ROCKS! But in actual theory, a soft inner body of the pokemon which is extremely vulnerable is covered by a tough outer layer of rock which is stuck to the body by a very sticky liquid in the inner body. So it may look like a rock, but its inner body is that of a living creature. The heavy shell of rocks can also give it much more strength and defense, such as a golem. Its head, legs and arms are the inner body, that would be its weak points in general. Steel types are basically the same as rock types but their formation is different.

We could imagine how a skarmory could have been made. A pidgeotto could have been covered in rocks in a small part of its adaptation or in the process of longer evolution which lasts for quite a few years, or should I say a few billion years. After it got covered in rocks, no pun intended, it found that it became difficult to fly because of the weight of the rocks. Eventually something or some pokemon heated up the rocks so much, the pidgeotto wouldn’t get hurt due to the thick huge rocks, it slowly transformed into steel due to the heat. It doesn’t have to be steel, it might’ve been bronze, or manganese, doesn’t matter. The steel was lighter than the rocks and the bones had started adapting. It doesn’t have to be a pidgeotto, maybe some other bird pokemon, or maybe something else. Same applies for the other steel pokemon.

Ground type pokemon are generally pokemon just like fighting types. Here’s how they both work. Their bodies are the hosts of extreme strength. Their muscles have adapted so much over the years that the muscles of a human are about 1/16th of the power of the pokemon muscles. Ground pokemon and fighting pokemon share the same traits but uses it in different ways. Generally a ground pokemon is bulky and the muscles always remain at their greatest state. It takes a lot of energy to keep the muscles working and even more energy to make sure they don’t break the bones. Thus the bones become extremely tough and most ground pokemon become slow due to the bulk.

Fighting pokemon are the top cats in this show of muscles, meh. Instead of having the bulk all the time around them, their muscles are contracted and are only expanded in the time of need. Their muscles are made to contract when not in use and thus the bones are generally lighter which makes them faster. Imagine a Lucario; it’s going to kill the enemy with force palm. Until the point of impact the muscles are contracted and a few seconds before it, it expands and all the power is released at that single point. The bones will cushion the expansion and help in contracting them after the force palm.

Psychic, Dark and Ghost pokemon are merely metamorphic type pokemon. Psychic pokemon have a higher IQ and their brains are developed in such a way that they can control space and time around them and thus that makes psychic pokemon be able to move fast and be able to manipulate the space around them. Dark pokemon bring out all the evil in their heart, metamorphic ally speaking, and rushes it in the form of an attack. Rather, like psychic pokemon, they manipulate the space around them in an eerie manner. Ghosts do the exact same as the dark pokemon. These three type pokemon, have higher IQ, bigger brains and something of an ESP that allows them to levitate, control objects around them, move really quick etc.

There’s not much to say about bug pokemon except that they can use some special form of liquid in their attacks. Let’s study caterpie, it uses a silk it can make to use string shot. The silk is formed by some liquid. This liquid will be, or can be, created by the stomach during some process of digestion or it could be created by another organ such as the water pokemon organ or whatever. Bug pokemon have porous bodies which allow the liquid to transcend to the skin of the bug and thus different attacks can be performed. Such as bug buzz, Yanmega, for example, brings out the liquid and dashes at high speed to execute a tackle with great force and the liquid hitting the enemy as well. The liquid might be acidic or basic.

Poison pokemon work in the same or almost same way that the bug pokemon do. The difference is that they form highly venomous toxins that can be used in liquid form or maybe something else. This poison is highly acidic or basic and can severely corrode other things. It can also get into the body of a pokemon and poison it. So why doesn’t the pokemon who has the toxins in it’s body get poisoned? The answer would be that the poison pokemon has a highly evolved immune system and it can’t be poisoned. I bet a chicken pox attack would fail against it! Okay, don’t mind that!

Now the final two types remain. Normal pokemon are well, normal. Their just like the animals that exist in our world with much more enhanced bodies and senses. Theirs not much about them except that they can adapt faster than other types. The last type is Dragon and the type defines what the pokemon is. The most pure element you could say, they have far more power than other pokemon, they are the stuff of legends. There is a documentary about dragons on animal planet, if you look at the documentary, you can understand that dragons might’ve existed in this world and how they work!
Now what else should I explain. Well there are the type weaknesses resistances. But it’s very basic and easy to understand. Such as how water can beat fire by dousing it. Grass absorbs water. Fire burns grass. Then there are many other weaknesses. Rock and ground can erode and wither away because of grass and water. Rock erodes due to grass, ground doesn’t erode because of grass but gets covered by it. Fire destroys bugs, grass and other types. Steel gets melted, so does ice. Grass absorbs water, covers ground, erodes rock. Water erodes both ground and rock, douses fire etc. So that’s how the type weaknesses occur.
....DONT DO IT! THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Thanks to Keshavkd........YAY
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 356.55

Advertisement

Re: A DEEP LOOK INTO HOW A POKEMON EXISTS: A THESIS

Postby Prongs » February 16th, 2010, 7:34 pm

MWAHAHAHA!
I have not read anything after reading the fees. But seriously..are you kidding wirth us?
THere is practically no way except ofcourse if you are Nish that you can snatch away our pokies. Moreover if we read it we can always say that we haven't...

I see that you have taken back the fees...
Nevermind then.
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby kaijudo » February 17th, 2010, 6:22 am

Yeah I did, I mean, why would I want to sell this in the first place? So I removed that.
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby taninamdar » February 17th, 2010, 11:35 am

Its wonderful.
U shud submit it somewhere like bulbawiki fotums or serebii.
U can get a lot of fame.
Nice work.
I WANT TO BE A POKEMON MASTER, AND NO MATTER WHAT I WILL BE IT.
And look I am Pokemon master now :D
taninamdar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Pokies: 813.33

Postby kaijudo » February 17th, 2010, 3:31 pm

I'm not looking for fame though. But if you look at the sub caption, I did it cause i had a lot of spare time and that I was bored!
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby taninamdar » February 18th, 2010, 8:53 pm

But it gives a nice explanation tough.
And you seem to do a lot of good work when you are bored.
Bcz last time you wrote a legendary story bcoz u were bored and it was not that bad..
And this is the BEST..
taninamdar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » February 19th, 2010, 4:14 pm

heh, stop saying that! Thanks for the karma raise.
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby taninamdar » February 19th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Welcome. :)
taninamdar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby Kawaii-Abhi » February 23rd, 2010, 9:54 pm

omg Why didn't I see this before? :shock:
You'r just like that dragonfree guy from the cave of dragonflies! Great Job!
BIDOOF PLAGUE!!!
[smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif] [smilie=dpa399.gif]
[smilie=dpa493.gif] ←"Oh noes!"
Kawaii-Abhi
League Champion
League Champion

Pokies: 219.38

Postby kaijudo » February 24th, 2010, 6:33 am

Well thats a shot almost hitting the bullseye. I love that guy whoever he is. So when I was bored I thought about that rant thingy and then I thought Id do something like that.
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby taninamdar » March 2nd, 2010, 5:16 pm

I already said. Be bored few more times, bcoz u do gr8 work when u r bored. :lol:
taninamdar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » March 2nd, 2010, 10:13 pm

Ok, there comes the compliments again. cant be bored for some reason, loads of maths homework, training gible to become an ev trained monster thingy, cant find the inspiration to write something.... :D
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby kaijudo » August 4th, 2010, 9:56 pm

On second thought I think I know how Dragon types work.....Look at their resistances. They are Fire, water, grass and lightning. And what are these elements? They're the most basic elements, thus we could say that the type Dragon is actually a combination of all 4 of these elements...thus most Dragon type pokemon can use Fire, water, grass or lightning attacks.....Like Dragonite for Surf and Thunderbolt, Salamence Fire Blast, Flygon Giga drain etc etc
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

• Advertisement

Return to My PokéWorld