DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Battle Frontier? What did you think?

Ruby & Sapphire feature updated graphics with weather effects, amazing sound, more than 200 Pokémon with over 100 new species, Double battles, and all set in the Hoenn Region. Emerald, an advanced version of the two, has a storyline based on Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Teams Aqua & Magma. The quest also has a Battle Frontier, where you'll need every bit of your strategy knowledge and cunning to win

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

What do you think of the Battle Frontier?

Excellent! It should have been in Ruby and Sapphire too! ^_^
20%
Excellent! I preferred it as an upgrade from R and S, and thats what makes Emerald so playable!
No votes
Good! I enjoyed it, but I think It should have been in the story line a bit more though
60%
Good! I liked it just the way it was
No votes
Didn't like it.
No votes
Battle Frontier? *Zzzz....*
20%
Never even bothered visiting it
No votes

Total votes : 5

Battle Frontier? What did you think?

Postby Ewan » May 24th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Hey Everyone! I was just wondering; what did you all think of the Battle Frontier in Emerald? Did you enjoy it? Did you not? Too Hard? Should have been in Ruby and Sapphire too? What do you think?

Personally, I think it's rather too hard, and at a rather in-appropriate stage of the game, with very little reward for your efforts. Although a good feature and everything, I think they should have tried to incorporate it into the story line a little bit, in order to progress with the game, so people feel motivated to continue through the Battle Frontier, instead of giving up (like me =P).

Also, how many people have actually gained all 7 gold frontier symbols? Just out of interest. ^_^
Ewan
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Advertisement

Postby Nem » May 25th, 2007, 2:26 am

I've got 3 symbols! One from the Arena, One from the factory and one from the Pyramid.

One more thing before I end my post. Basically, the moves required in the story of the game are moves with more PP coz there are so many trainers to beat! Also our pokemon generally have a higher level than those of our opponents that's why these High PP/low damage moves work nicely.
But when it comes to taking something of our own size(lvl) it becomes tough beating those pokes. Here I recommend you using moves doing nice damage with quite a decent amount of PP and an accuracy atleast above 85. Anything below that is pass.

What you really need at the Battle frontier is STRATEGY. Without that, even the save/load can't help you!

Try this for instance, (caution - these strategies ought to be only used for the battle frontier)

Get yourself a Ninjask by evolving a Nincada. Teach it the moveset,

Ninjask

Baton Pass
Protect
Sword Dance
Substitute

keep him in the 1st place. When the battle starts, Ninjask goes in 1st. Use Protect for the 1st turn, Speed bost will add up to your speed, next use Substitute. then when your sub survives, use Sword Dance. When you use sword dance for 2-3 turns, your attack will be 6-9 times your normal attack! Added with an unbeatable speed boost! Now give a baton pass to a physical sweeper, like say, Metagross who knows Meteor Mash, Earthquake and other physical moves. Now this metagross has an unbeatable speed and a devastating attack.

That's something us can use anywhere in the battle frontier! Massively devastating!
I hate Blissey eggs for breakfast, nor do i enjoy those Skarmory leg pieces.
Nem
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Battle Frontier? What did you think?

Postby Ewan » May 25th, 2007, 2:28 am

Wow Thanks for all that strategy =) Maybe i'll try it out at some point if i can be motivated to give the battle frontier anoher hot! XD
Ewan
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby slaking » October 23rd, 2009, 8:54 pm

I got 2 symbols:FACTORY and PIKE

I just used [smilie=dpa289.gif] [smilie=dpa260.gif] [smilie=dpa171.gif]

I think BF is gr8!!!! It really adds more of a challenge to the game than just those stupid gym leaders & E4.
slaking
New Trainer
New Trainer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 1.60

Postby Maxedge » October 24th, 2009, 11:09 am

WICKED!!
I got none.....and I must have won in each area say about 10 times!!!!

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 51.10

• Advertisement

Return to GBA Games: Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald