DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

The games in general

Ruby & Sapphire feature updated graphics with weather effects, amazing sound, more than 200 Pokémon with over 100 new species, Double battles, and all set in the Hoenn Region. Emerald, an advanced version of the two, has a storyline based on Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Teams Aqua & Magma. The quest also has a Battle Frontier, where you'll need every bit of your strategy knowledge and cunning to win

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

The games in general

Postby Emerald » June 21st, 2006, 10:20 pm

Ok, I honestly got some bones to pick with the regular (rpg) pokemon games:

1) the games in a nutshell---> walk,battle,walk,battle,walk,ooh SUPER MEGA HUMONGUOS BATTLE, walk, battle.....
ITS SOOO.......... BORING!
2) Every trainer or wild pokemon seems to have an endless supply of healing items
3) the games are addictive but frustrating...........drives me mad
4) THOSE STUPID HM'S.....grrrr The only good one as a move is SURF
5) Lack of realism............. honestly, CD'S teach pokemon moves......puhleeze!!
6) No diversions or fun quests like in anime or other rpg's.............fishing! YEAH RIGHT!
7) WHY THE HELL DONT THEY PUT ALL POKEMON INTO ONE GAME!! I want one game per generation

so who's with me.....
who all agree.......... (apart from Shiny Suicune who already did)
The only pokemon games i am looking forward too are Ranger's and Pokemon Red/Blue Rescue Team
LOVE! The only drug you wont regret getting addicted to.
ImageImage

PROUD POKESHIPPER AND CONTESTSHIPPER
Emerald
Professional Trainer
Professional Trainer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Advertisement

Postby artxxisxxbang » July 22nd, 2006, 4:50 pm

Really, I never paid attention. I was too concentrated on beating the Elite Four last time that I didn't pay attention to all the small details, lol.

But I do get what you mean, but it's not boring. I liked playing it on run and no sound. That was RIDICULOUSLY fast, I swear.

Hm... Actually, find a bunch of cheats and then you have tonnes of side quest. Just never did them. I couldn't be bothered.

P.S. If anyone has played Emerald, can you tell me where to get the ferry ticket...
~ Insane - Child - Llama ~
artxxisxxbang
New Trainer
New Trainer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DP-NiSh » July 22nd, 2006, 6:26 pm

Yeah, for the ferry tickets, u get them at those special Nintendo Events in America/Japan, or else, just use the Gameshark cheat codes. If u want them, let me know. There's cheats for all the secret islands.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

How to get the ferry ticket?

Postby Blaziken75 » July 22nd, 2006, 6:30 pm

Hey Jo,
I have played emerald and heres how to get the ferry ticket-
1.Defeat the Elite Four and the Champion
2.Then,save the game and turn off the GBA
3.Turn on the GBA and u ll find urself back at home in ur room
4.Go downstairs and u ll find ur Dad waiting to give you the ferry ticket

its that simple,

Blaziken75
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The games in general

Postby artxxisxxbang » August 22nd, 2006, 7:38 pm

Aw Dang! Was that how you get it? Lol okay XD
~ Insane - Child - Llama ~
artxxisxxbang
New Trainer
New Trainer

Postby DP-NiSh » August 22nd, 2006, 9:04 pm

Which ferry ticket are you referring to ? the Battle Tower ? That's a side quest like u said.

I meant the ones to Southern Island, Birth Island, Navel Rock, Faraway Island... to catch the Legendaries, but I guess u were referring to sumthing else, artxxisxxbang.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Petey » October 23rd, 2006, 5:35 pm

The games really aren't meant for in-game playing anyways... that's just for the newbies to it. Pokémon really is mant to be multiplayer and competitve on a large scale involving humungous amounts of strategy- try visting www.smogon.com , the games are not what they seem~ they are full of Hidden values such as IVs and EVs that enhance your Pokémon's stats.
Intense breeding and perfection achieved within Stats and Movesets not comprising only of Attacking moves bring out the game in it's full Potential.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Postby Josh » October 23rd, 2006, 5:49 pm

You sound too good and experienced in the Games :o I guess U'll be a great help for us around here for the games hehe
[align=center]Image
-- Thanks to ~*Pearl*~ for the Trainer Card ^^--[/align]
Josh
Professional Trainer
Professional Trainer

Postby Petey » October 23rd, 2006, 9:22 pm

Lets see a Kyogre at it's full potential:

Kyogre @ Leppa Berry
252 SP.ATT. / 252 SPD / 6 HP
(those add 64 to it's SP.ATT and SPD stats and 1 to it's HP; this lowers its other stats that it normally grows, but since Kyogre is "Bulky" Water, It doesn't even need much Defences as both it's weaknesses are cancelled out by it's huge SP.DEF: Instead it gets the potential to "sweep with higly offensive stats)
- Hydro Pump (Same Type attack Bonus x1.5-ed + Drizlle rain activation + Leppa Berry for PRESSURE-UBERs)
- Protect
(Pulls off when either your ally is going to explode; or when you predict the same from a foe)
- Ice Beam
- ThunderBolt (Bolt if you know Drought is coming your way) / Thunder (Drizzle + Higher Power)
(These two attacks often reffered to as "BoltBeam" as they make many types' weaknesses highly exploitable)

Okay- that must have told you how strategic and wonderful the games are: Combine that Kyogre with A ludicolo + Swift Swim activated: Hydro Pump your opponents to oblivion.

NEVER blame the games- they were, are, and will be the roots of Pokémon itself- The Animé. Manga and TCG are all based on the games, not the games based on them.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Friend Code 485508721419

Postby mantislovervaibhav2 » November 22nd, 2006, 9:40 pm

Pearl your Kyogre ain't that good. Rate mine

Kyogre @ QC/Mystic Water 252 Sp.Att 6 HP and 252 SPD (for mystic water)
6 SPD and 252 HP (for QC)
Water Spout
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Thunder

Pull off Water Spout 1st turn. If it goes 1st... bye bye opp.
This can be bettered in 2x battle
Ludicolo and another fake outer.
they fake out on THEIR 1st turns (Switch in between)
while Kyogre WaterSpouts
Imagehere is my TC for a while! give me pointers to improve upon it.

mantislovervaibhav2
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby mantislovervaibhav2 » November 22nd, 2006, 9:44 pm

FOOL!!! In your post you have written
Lum for Pressure-Ubers

Lum is FullHeal
Leppa is restore 10 PP when any move falls to 0[/quote]
Imagehere is my TC for a while! give me pointers to improve upon it.

mantislovervaibhav2
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby Petey » November 22nd, 2006, 10:26 pm

mantislovervaibhav2 @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:40 pm wrote:Pearl your Kyogre ain't that good. Rate mine

Kyogre @ QC/Mystic Water 252 Sp.Att 6 HP and 252 SPD (for mystic water)
6 SPD and 252 HP (for QC)
Water Spout
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Thunder

Pull off Water Spout 1st turn. If it goes 1st... bye bye opp.
This can be bettered in 2x battle
Ludicolo and another fake outer.
they fake out on THEIR 1st turns (Switch in between)
while Kyogre WaterSpouts

There was no use of pointing out how much "better" that Kyogre is, this is NOT RMT.
I presented an example of the Kyogre for people who don't know much about Competitive itself, I wouldn't like to confuse them with Sub-CM Kyogre but present a simple sweeper example.
Even then CM Kyogre doesn't work much without a 404 Sub; and Water Spout with CM is just ROFL ( You dun carry Surf: the main sweeping potential behind a CM Kyogre). And pulling of WS on first turn is just crazyness: Mewtwo and ESQuaza say 'gg'.
The Lum was a typo, BTW, as if you don't make typos (btw, dont quarrel with me that you dont make them, if you do that means your not a normal human; uh oh! you don't make mistakes): you don't HAVE to point them out and even more yell about them when you can already understand I meant to say Leppa.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Friend Code 485508721419

Postby Pranz » November 22nd, 2006, 10:37 pm

*Snort* What kind of Jokers do u think u are....
A killer Kyogre is this:
Kyogre@Leftovers 252Sp.Att , 252 Hp ,6 Sp.def
Substitute
Surf
Calm Mind
Ice Beam

...this a combo that i cooked up...

Start with substitute and due to your 468 hp...the substitute is not expected to break....followed by calm mind.

After a couple...you should have enought to OHKO anything....simple but powerful....and thunder is not necc. coz all the wimpy flying types and not gonna survive Ice beam Anyways. :P
Pranz
League Champion
League Champion

Postby Petey » November 22nd, 2006, 10:50 pm

Pranz @ Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:37 pm wrote:*Snort* What kind of Jokers do u think u are....
A killer Kyogre is this:
Kyogre@Leftovers 252Sp.Att , 252 Hp ,6 Sp.def
Substitute
Surf
Calm Mind
Ice Beam

...this a combo that i cooked up...

Start with substitute and due to your 468 hp...the substitute is not expected to break....followed by calm mind.

After a couple...you should have enought to OHKO anything....simple but powerful....and thunder is not necc. coz all the wimpy flying types and not gonna survive Ice beam Anyways. :P

me @ last post wrote:I wouldn't like to confuse them with Sub-CM Kyogre but present a simple sweeper example

I already said about THAT EXACT Kyogre which you most prolly got the idea from my use in NB; but I'll say this one last time: don't turn this thread into RMT; this is way off topic.
EDIT: And, BTW, Kt00b3r ain't need 252 HP, only newbs max out SUB CM Kyogre's HP.
And I'll need to point this out:
This is not RMT,
So don't post teams.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Friend Code 485508721419

Postby Pranz » November 22nd, 2006, 11:19 pm

me @ last post wrote:I wouldn't like to confuse them with Sub-CM Kyogre but present a simple sweeper example

I already said about THAT EXACT Kyogre which you most prolly got the idea from my use in NB; but I'll say this one last time: don't turn this thread into RMT; this is way off topic.
EDIT: And, BTW, Kt00b3r ain't need 252 HP, only newbs max out SUB CM Kyogre's HP.
And I'll need to point this out:
This is not RMT,
So don't post teams.[/quote]

Think you are master of one on one and only newbs max out Hp?
Cmon anytime, any place, anyhow, im up for the challenge.....cmon ill come at 4 AM if u want....enough is enough....it is time i proved myself........ :evil:
Pranz
League Champion
League Champion

Next

• Advertisement

Return to GBA Games: Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald