DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

What would have been the sequal?

Return to the world of Kanto originally explored in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, where the adventure is brought to life better than ever with dazzling GBA graphics and dozens of surprising new features

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

What do you feel the sequal's name *would* have been if there was one?

Water Blue
10%
Thunder Yellow
90%

Total votes : 10

What would have been the sequal?

Postby Ewan » May 24th, 2007, 5:01 pm

I know a sequal will not happen for FRLG now, especially since they've moved onto DS games. But what do you think the sequal would have been called if there was going to be one? Something like: Water Blue, or something like: Thunder Yellow?

Feel free to post any variations on the names that you feel may be more apt.

I personally feel a Thunder Yellow version would be more likely (and I would prefer it (Pikachu FTW!)), but could you imagine the colour of the cartridge? Neon Yellow! lol

This poll is made just out of curiosity! =)
Ewan
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Advertisement

Postby Born2Hack » May 30th, 2007, 5:01 pm

I will go for thunder yellow but I like 'Ghostly Black' tooooooooo
Born2Hack
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DP-NiSh » May 30th, 2007, 8:34 pm

Yeah, can't expect them to work on an FRLG sequel now. Well they cud make it for the DS, but then again, Blue and Yellow both are the same plot as Red and Green, with only the exception of a Pikachu stalking you all around in Yellow. So probably no use for a sequel, unless.. for an upcoming console.. or for the Wii.. an RPG for the Wii FTW!! ^_^

They should really work on PC games too tho.. but prolly consoles are more profitable for them.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Born2Hack » May 30th, 2007, 9:02 pm

DP-NiSh @ Wed May 30, 2007 8:34 pm wrote:They should really work on PC games too
but prolly consoles are more profitable for them.

agreed on both of the above but I know a PC pokemon game. and I can guarrantee that it has better graphics den GBA games or NDS, the only prob is its very short only 1 gym :(

here it is!

http://spiritedtechnology.com/pokemonpc.htm

njoy pokieng!
Born2Hack
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby DP-NiSh » May 31st, 2007, 12:09 am

Played that... But that's nothing sort of a game you would expect from Nintendo. Nintendo can do much better than that. Look at Collosseum, Pokemon XD, PBR, the graphics are way richer than that.

Obviously that's a fanmade game, from that point of view, I loved their project, they've done it quite good.

But you cannot exactly compare that game with any of the GBA or DS ones. I think Nintendo can bring the same Gamecube/Wii experience to a certain level on PCs as well.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Born2Hack » May 31st, 2007, 7:56 am

I know but if you have played its previous version u wouldn'y say dat. I know you will think previous version would not be better dan this one but I just wanna say dat I like it more dan any GBA game! I can find and give u or u search it version 1.8 BTW can u tell me where I could get collessum rom. I found it for a while but den forgot but now when u have said can u tellme where to get it?
Born2Hack
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby Petey » May 31st, 2007, 9:23 am

Yeah, but we have to consider that Nintendo is a handheld company, and have wii on a secondary market aswell, so really difficult to expect them to publish a computer game.
Also, the RPGs are developed by Game Freak, so it is nearly impossible to expect RPGs on the wii or for the computer, since well, they didn't make any yet.

Off-topic aside, I'd go for Thunder Yellow! ^^

Also, Born to Hack, remember that Pokémon PC cannot be better than the GBA games, it does not have the complexity of Hidden Values, Natures, or doesn't even follow the damage formula: the basis of the whole game.
Don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful attempt considering the fact that it's fanmade: wonderfully made.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Postby Born2Hack » May 31st, 2007, 9:55 am

I didn't understand what u meant by 'damage formula'?
Born2Hack
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby DP-NiSh » May 31st, 2007, 11:57 am

Born to hack @ Thu 31 May, 09:55 wrote:I didn't understand what u meant by 'damage formula'?

*cough PikachuTrAiNeR, please do the honours..
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Re: What would have been the sequal?

Postby Petey » June 7th, 2010, 4:58 pm

3 years, 7 days, 5 hours and a couple of minutes too late, but I couldn't resist doing this:

Last edited by Petey on June 7th, 2010, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced with a more appropriate edit of http://i46.tinypic.com/315e32a.jpg
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Postby Prongs » June 8th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Way to go Petey reviving a 3 year old thread! :3
Anyway, Thunder Yellow for me.
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby taninamdar » July 5th, 2010, 9:18 am

I will go for water blue. And yeah, congrats petey to revive 3 year old thread. :)
I WANT TO BE A POKEMON MASTER, AND NO MATTER WHAT I WILL BE IT.
And look I am Pokemon master now :D
taninamdar
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 813.33

Postby ganesha27 » December 16th, 2010, 8:26 pm

I think both could be remade but for 3DS console. It would be great if it is true.
ganesha27
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Pokies: 1,803.11
Friend Code 485746318481

Postby Monfernape » August 5th, 2013, 5:00 pm

I want the ultimate Pokemon game in which all the regions have been merged.Ash should be the main character and game should be released on the platform of 3DS.
Monfernape
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 74.35

Postby Victini223 » September 18th, 2013, 3:22 pm

I vote for Thunder Yellow as my favorite type is Electric.
Victini223

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 6.73

• Advertisement

Return to GBA Games: Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green