DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Welcome Back to DeSiPokemon Forums 2009 (READ FIRST!)

Return to the world of Kanto originally explored in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, where the adventure is brought to life better than ever with dazzling GBA graphics and dozens of surprising new features

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Welcome Back to DeSiPokemon Forums 2009 (READ FIRST!)

Postby DP-NiSh » May 31st, 2009, 4:16 am

Greetings to All! :)
Welcome Back!!
dptodpv2.jpg

From forums.desipokemon.com (2005-2008) To desipokemon.com (2009)
A whole new redesigned look and upgraded features.

It's a pleasure having you back, dear (old) members; and the new ones. Due to many requests from a few, and the site being closely attached to me personally, I had to revive back the community. Ofcourse though, it was never gone, but it slowly died away.. due to lack of interest in the fandom from existing members, and my bad attempts at publicizing the forums. A major bottleneck was the bloated look of the site, due to over 400 mods pre-installed during the previous upgrade to 'phpbbFM'. As also, the dark theme didn't appeal many, most of whom also got confused at the forums structure and categories, which weren't quite upto the standards, although the rest, including me, still found it charming enough. The security of the forums was also at stake with spambots atatcking, due to outdated software.

The forums are now upgraded to phpbb3, and modded and restyled from scratch, with the only exception being preserving the members and their posts. I obviously would never wipe those off, due to them holding a lot of pleasant memories of the bonds shared between us on the forums.

Anyway, all things apart, due to the upgrade and changes, I would like all old and new members to please make note of the following:
  • Because many of the old threads and posts back from 2006-07 are still good as new to be indulged in, I haven't locked them. So to differentiate between newer and older posts, please make a check on the thread start date (year) as to when it was started.
  • Due to the upgrade, all post attachments (includes attached images) were lost. Sorry, I couldn't save them. Such posts shall be having missing content in them.
  • The older forums ran on a DARK color scheme template, hence a few posts have light colored text that no longer go well with the light color theme we have now.
  • The BBCode/formatting tags are also newer, and hence there might be posts with broken old BBcodes in them. Mods are instructed to repair these with newer alternative BBCodes if the post is found useful.
  • Due to the old url being 'forums.desipokemon.com', many of the posts where users need to link to a particular thread, still contain the old url. Although I plan to CNAME it to the new domain 'www.desipokemon.com' shortly, I would still like to bring it to your notice to replace any such links with the new subdomain if the post deserves to be revived.
  • The old photo gallery also could not be upgraded, hence we have a completely newer and better one from scratch. Please have a look and share some of your own images and comments.
  • The avatars were also de-synced with the usernames, but I took the effort to attach them back to your profiles. But please make sure you resize them to the new limit of 150x150.

As also, I'd like to mention some upcoming features we're working on, that shall be implemented soon:
  • More theme styles for you to choose from, the most immediate one coming up would be a HeartGold/SoulSilver one, plus other anime/game related styles. You can give your own style suggestions in the appropriate forum, and we could work it out for you.
  • Facebook/Orkut Social Networking fields in your user profile.
  • Sharing a thread over bookmarking sites
  • Colorful and personally formattable usernames.
  • More smilies and inclusion of the category feature to neatly group them together.
  • The RSS news feeder bot back in action.
  • [Much later] Facebook Connect - Link your DPForums & FB profile to login using either ID, plus get your DPForums activity posted on your FB profile.

Lastly, please do leave your feedback here as to how you like the new upgrade, or let me know of any missing feature that you would like back on the forum.

I hope I've done my part in reviving back the community back on track. The rest of its fate lies on you.

Regards..
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Advertisement

Re: Welcome Back to DeSiPokemon Forums 2009 (READ FIRST!)

Postby Born2Hack » May 31st, 2009, 2:02 pm

Thats gonna be great, just don't be Lazy :P
Born2Hack
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Postby Blaziken75 » May 31st, 2009, 3:19 pm

Wow, I can't wait, Great to have this back, got really awesome memories here.
It was thanks to this site, that I found many awesome friends, and hence, Im seriously glad its back and I can be a part of it again =D.
P.S. - Can't wait till all those nifty features are up and running, esspecially the Facebook Connect one, that'd be interesting =o. Anyways, Looking forward to having a blast here again ^__^.

Blaziken75
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby unevenblue » May 31st, 2009, 5:17 pm

Yes.. wasiting for other features too..! :D

I be PiKa PiKa chu!
unevenblue
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 71.47

Postby Queen Rayquaza » May 31st, 2009, 6:23 pm

Excellent DP~Nish! Was waiting for this since a long time. Loved the Taj-Pokemon thingy. Wonder how you get all these amazing ideas. Hehe. Anyway, i was just wondering if we cud get the old Darker version. This white one hurts my pretty eyes :D
ImageImageImage
Queen Rayquaza

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FireHawk » May 31st, 2009, 8:06 pm

Good work.....hope we get more Poke Fans from India....and of course other parts of the world :D
'Wit beyond measure is man's greatest Treasure'
FireHawk
New Trainer
New Trainer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friend Code 412458516245

Postby Nem » June 1st, 2009, 2:01 am

seems like loads of stuff coming up
I hate Blissey eggs for breakfast, nor do i enjoy those Skarmory leg pieces.
Nem
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby DP-NiSh » June 1st, 2009, 2:06 am

rayquaza rocks wrote:Excellent DP~Nish! Was waiting for this since a long time. Loved the Taj-Pokemon thingy. Wonder how you get all these amazing ideas. Hehe. Anyway, i was just wondering if we cud get the old Darker version. This white one hurts my pretty eyes :D

Thanks, and you can call me Nishy as you always do, DP~Nish sounds kinda odd from you, lol. Glad to know you like my ideas, yes they just pop up out of nowhere :)

I'll surely be working on a darker theme as well, I know there are fans like you and me who like them better.

Nem wrote:seems like loads of stuff coming up

The 'loads of stuff' can only come up when I ensure the community advances well further, since otherwise it would be in vain if it were to get quiet again.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Nem » June 1st, 2009, 2:12 am

i agree on the dark theme though
*saves power* [smilie=c3125.gif]
I hate Blissey eggs for breakfast, nor do i enjoy those Skarmory leg pieces.
Nem
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Postby Prongs » June 1st, 2009, 12:41 pm

Hello everyone, I am new here .I hope we enjoy it here.
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby pokéfanz » June 1st, 2009, 1:38 pm

"I WANT POKIES BACK!!!!"
Ahem! nice work bro. Liked the new layout a lot and ofcourse, being an admin :lol:
It really feels great to be back here among each one of you. :)

No matter how small life is, live it like a king. Everyone leaves this world some day or the other, so whats the harm in leaving with a bang!? :D
pokéfanz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DP-NiSh » June 1st, 2009, 1:49 pm

pokéfanz wrote:"I WANT POKIES BACK!!!!")

The points system shall be implemented soon.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Cierra » June 1st, 2009, 3:33 pm

It's great with the fresh look :) i'm hapy we have one hell of a forum :) i really hope this works in bringing the pokemon fandom back again nice work Nish looking forward to the upgrades and other things :)
Cierra
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Pokies: 37.67

Postby Queen Rayquaza » June 1st, 2009, 4:11 pm

pokéfanz wrote:"I WANT POKIES BACK!!!!"
Ahem! nice work bro. Liked the new layout a lot and ofcourse, being an admin :lol:
It really feels great to be back here among each one of you. :)

YES!! POKIES POKIES POKIES!!! I LUV WORKING ON THEM!! NISHY PLZZ POKIES!!
ImageImageImage
Queen Rayquaza

Postby Cierra » June 2nd, 2009, 10:30 pm

I was never here before and don't know much about the point system, but anyway welcome once again people let's try to increase the traffic of the community :)
Cierra
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Pokies: 37.67

Next

• Advertisement

Return to GBA Games: Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green