DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Welcome aboard the Staff wagon - Maxedge

New to the forum? Drop by and read our rules. Frequent updates & announcements about the site are also posted here.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Welcome aboard the Staff wagon - Maxedge

Postby DP-NiSh » December 2nd, 2009, 1:56 am

Well, I was thinking of this earlier in the evening, about the occasional spambots hitting around the forums, and me and Petey (the only active staff) not being around at the moment. I might get busy now on for a while and not attend to the forums. Maxedge has been a good friend since the past almost a year maybe, since we've met before the DPForums re-launch. I affectionately granted him the DP Joker rank earlier today, due to his humour and entertaining nature around the forums. That was why the rank image was a Mr. Mime and not a Joker from Batman or some stupid clown. He unfortunately took it in a wrong manner or probably didn't like it. I read this comment on a thread and thought he needed a better rank, and maybe he could just get on the team to assist us, since he was all "WANT TO BE SOMETHING OF HELP KIND!!".

So, congrats! You're the official DPForums Spambot Assassinator! While you're not really a Moderator, nor an Admin, but you do have powers of both partly, since you now have access to the Mod Control Panel (related to frontend posts/users banning) and the Administrator CP (related to the backend), with rights to those powers only that you need to assassinate bots and keep it clean around.

MCP:
dpMax1.PNG

dpMax2.PNG
dpMax2.PNG (11.29 KiB) Viewed 9131 times

ACP:
dpMax3.PNG

Your actual job and process to exterminate the bots shall be explained later today in the Staff forum.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Advertisement

Re: Welcome aboard the Staff wagon - Maxedge

Postby Maxedge » December 2nd, 2009, 7:15 am

O_O THANKS PAL!! Though my something of help kind meant only the name but this is even better!! :mrgreen:
I will do my best to keep forums good and running...... And sorry for all that mess about Joker but I really hate jokers....
Don't ask why!!

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 51.10

Postby DP-NiSh » December 2nd, 2009, 11:07 am

It's ok we all have our dislikes and phobias.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Maxedge » December 2nd, 2009, 11:24 am

Yeah but I am a bit more childish than others :|
BTW

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DP-NiSh » December 2nd, 2009, 11:55 am

Yes I know that, I'll permit you later when I post about the task. Glad to see you noticed that, lol. Was actually waiting for it :P
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Prongs » December 2nd, 2009, 1:31 pm

Congratulations Maxedge. You really deserved it.

btw. I am having a sickning feeling I am gonna be banned. :wink:
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby adyniz » December 2nd, 2009, 1:59 pm

No, you won't be banned (I think !).
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Pokies: 1,010.32

Postby Prongs » December 2nd, 2009, 2:23 pm

No, if I would have got banning rights, I would have first attempted to ban an administrator.
btw Nish, can a mod do so?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby DP-NiSh » December 2nd, 2009, 2:30 pm

Prongs wrote:No, if I would have got banning rights, I would have first attempted to ban an administrator.
btw Nish, can a mod do so?

You just got yourself off the track to a wannabe staff member :P congratulations!
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Prongs » December 2nd, 2009, 2:37 pm

I don't think I wanted to be a Staff member untill 1000 posts at least.
Hey wait a sec...
I am a wannabe staff member?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby Maxedge » December 3rd, 2009, 12:49 pm

Hey wait a sec NiSh

I got locking powers too? o.O
I thought I can only delete topics and ban users
I tried MCP and ACP but there's no locking option.......
Moreover... If u say drop down list (Quick Mod tools) then it has only Delete topic and View log..

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Postby adyniz » December 3rd, 2009, 12:57 pm

Wow, max you are lucky that you are a stuff member :mrgreen:
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Pokies: 1,010.32

Postby Prongs » December 3rd, 2009, 3:14 pm

Don't worry adyniz, being a staff member isn't all that luck. Although I will not mind access to ACP and MCP, 'staff' word is related to responsibility. And I don't think we are up to that at the moment.

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby DP-NiSh » December 3rd, 2009, 6:02 pm

Maxedge wrote:Hey wait a sec NiSh

Moreover... If u say drop down list (Quick Mod tools) then it has only Delete topic and View log..

Sorry then, locking isn't a part of spambot assassination so you didn't get it. Well.. would you like to go one master ball step further to a full mod?
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Prongs » December 3rd, 2009, 8:14 pm

DP-NiSh wrote:
Maxedge wrote:Hey wait a sec NiSh

Sorry then, locking isn't a part of spambot assassination so you didn't get it. Well.. would you like to go one master ball step further to a full mod?

Lucky bugger.

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Announcements & Rules