DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

New upgraded DPForums Advanced~

New to the forum? Drop by and read our rules. Frequent updates & announcements about the site are also posted here.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Wud u like us to change DPForums back to the old system ?

No, Never! I love this change :D Good Work!
100%
Yea I'm sorry but I'm better off with the old one (Please reply with the reason)
No votes

Total votes : 7

New upgraded DPForums Advanced~

Postby DP-NiSh » August 8th, 2006, 3:42 am

As U know I'm always working on new features for DPForums and doing lots of minor maintenance tasks around the server and forums now and then. Now I've come up with a new forums system for DPForums (Just installed it half a day back) which will consist of a hell lot of new never-before-seen features and additions. While currently this isn't really decided whether it will be used anytime soon, but anyways, after playing around with it the whole day, the currently Alpha version is now available for selected BETA TESTERS to browse around and report for any issues. BETA Testers are only selected by me personally, so no posting for any requests.

Here's a few screenshots: (more soon)
Image Image Image

Currently the final skin/templates aren't applied and it is still under work (and a bit of playing ;)), so that's how it looks atm. You can post ur comments tho about this. I state again tho, that this is just a thought and it won't be taken into action without the opinion of DPMembers, whenever it is finalised.

Even if it does, the current DPForums' beautiful metal blue most probably won't be present on it, since it wud take a lot of hard work setting it up now that all the features are already set up on themes available on that board at the moment. That wud have to make me study the board's php template system and create this metal blue template for it, comparing it with the basic template on the new board. But anyways, even if this template won't exist on there, the new DPForums will still have a suitable template to work with.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Advertisement

Re: New upgraded DPForums Advanced~

Postby DP-NiSh » August 20th, 2006, 10:44 pm

As most of u already know, and have been impatiently waiting for this, DeSiPokemon Forums is now upgraded to a new version packed with a ton of new features, better graphics and probably a much more better navigation system.

Im not going to say much here coz I'm releasing this new forums to the public in real haste (been working on it all day and skipped test preparations and college works) coz it was planned to be released today and was kept on being postponed hour after hour..

A list of the new features on the Forums will be posted soon, meanwhile just enjoy the new features and please refer the Forums to more and more of ur friends using the referral link in ur User Control Panel (each referral awards u 50 Pokies). Please note that u may encounter errors during ur browsing on the Forums, but they're tend to be there only coz this is still a BETA version which wasnt supposed to be released so soon. If u encounter any such errors, please report to me and I'll see to it that they're fixed. For any assistance with the new Forums, a new topic will be opened and u can post ur queries there. Meanwhile I'd also like to thank the Beta testers for our Forums, Shiny Suicune & Swarnava 7 for they've seen the Forums being built block by block and offered to report errors and suggestions throughout the testing.

Due to the new Forums BBCode system, a few codes like [ spoil ], [ flash ]... have now changed, which may result in incorrect displaying of a few posts, all Mods and Admins of the Forums are requested to edit them whenever they're come across. Any other new features will be discussed a bit later (i'm almost dead workin non-stop today.. x_x) so just figure them out for urself at the moment. For ur reference, the old Forums still exist @ www.DeSiPokemonForums.co.nr/old if u need help editing ur posts. I'm sorry to also state that the Shops, Items, Games and Pets system need to be worked on, so they won't be available for the time-being.

And yes, coming to the main part, this major change to the Forums was a kind of an experiment which I never thought wud turn into this big. I've tried my best to update whatever I cud from the old Forums database to the new one, made new design buttons/icons/banners and done a lot of modifying the templates to make the Forums perfect. The template u see is also been colorized by me to match it to the old Forums template. So here I'd like to have ur own opinions about this change and if u really wud like to shift back to the old Forums, please give an honest vote. And please also comment here about this change :)

The Forums will still undergo a few changes in the coming days since this is just a BETA testing u see here. So until then, enjoy whatever is done for now... Have fun.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby athom » August 20th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Wow, you really did a nice job DP-Nish (=mewtwo) :!:
Looks really awesome :!:

:cool:

well CYA around,
Thomsoft
athom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Postby Blaziken75 » August 20th, 2006, 11:33 pm

I agree with Thomsoft, This is totally awesome.I am sure everyone ll agree.

Blaziken75
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DP-NiSh » August 21st, 2006, 12:02 am

Lol, thanks a lot and I hope u'll have a good time on DPForums.

As for me, I've spent all day in front of the screen making the graphics and stuff to get the forums ready, that I'm actually gonna have Dinner now! @ 12am ^^ hehe also skipped everything else I had planned today, going out to buy books, doin my homework and studyin for my test... I guess Forums come first :)

And all this haste just for Apoorv Upreti (who unfortunately probably went offline just minutes before I opened up the Forums) who was terribly urging me to have them done ASAP... So Apoorv, I hope u enjoy the sweat which just fell on u from my forehead ;p Well no tho it's quite cold today so I aint sweating, I'm just... dead x_X lol with a headache..

Hope u get a good surprise when u open up the Forums today (today since it's almost 12am that I'm posting ;)) and sorry for the long wait Apoorv, but I hope it was worth it :)

[schild=1 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=00BFFF shieldshadow=1]DPForums Advanced! GO![/schild]
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Hikari » August 21st, 2006, 5:55 pm

Looks great! Can you put up any more themes (other than this)?
When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into a water-pistol and squirt it at everyone! xDDDD

And I thought that everything would be okay...
Hikari
New Trainer
New Trainer

Postby DP-NiSh » August 21st, 2006, 6:05 pm

there are a few simple colored themes, but i've disabled them for anyone to use coz this one ownz them all. I actually have made this one using those. But yes, i do have plans for creating some more Pokemon based templates in the near future. But for now, theres still a bit of work left on the Forums (games, shops, albums,...) so this will be it.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Apoorv Upreti » August 21st, 2006, 6:11 pm

*faints*
whoa totally awesum dude lots more new features much better template
well g2g i have to check out more features that uve added to dpforums :grin:
Apoorv Upreti

Postby Queen Rayquaza » August 21st, 2006, 8:28 pm

*speechless* :shock:
ImageImageImage
Queen Rayquaza

Postby SapnaYokris56 » August 22nd, 2006, 10:41 pm

OMG OMG ... OH MY GOD... WHAT THE... I STAY AWAY FROM THE BOARD FOR LIKE A COUPLE OF MONTHS.. AND I COME BACK HERE... AND ... THIS IS ... AWESOME

*turns off CAPS* :shock: :shock: :shock: DP-NiSh I bow to you _-_ I love this..! Great work! Can't say anything more.. I'm just .. excited :grin: :grin: :grin:

[schild=11 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=00BFFF shieldshadow=1]LOVE YA, DESIPOKEMON FORUMS[/schild]
Imma Brock fangirl *^^*
Image Image
Save The Dubs, Save the Voice Actors, Save MY Brock :(
SapnaYokris56
Professional Trainer
Professional Trainer

Postby DP-NiSh » August 22nd, 2006, 11:08 pm

Lol, I believe u were too excited and posted twice accidently ;p *deletes a duplicate post*

And thanks a lot everyone who posted above, it's great to see u love the new Forums as much as I loved working on it. Please try to refer DPForums to more and more of ur friends, so that it gets even better. Remember we no more talk *only* Pokemon, it maybe in the name, but DeSiPokemon is supposed to be an Anime Forums for India and Indians. That doesn't mean non-Indians aren't allowed. We're always happy to have members from all over the world sharing their own Anime talks from their lands. So do invite ur foreign or NRI friends too. We may soon get better as I'm planning to get a .com domain soon. (already in a deal from past 2 months, just having payment transaction issues..)

Anyways, have fun around the Forums and the new features, and for any help, try the FAQs page, or else contact me.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

• Advertisement

Return to Announcements & Rules