DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Now moved to new Server, Ad-free comforts

New to the forum? Drop by and read our rules. Frequent updates & announcements about the site are also posted here.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Now moved to new Server, Ad-free comforts

Postby DP-NiSh » August 28th, 2006, 6:41 pm

I'd like to apologize for the recent downtimes DPForums has been getting from the past few days. I had installed DPForums to a new server, other than where the old forums resided, but to my astonishment it kept on getting several downtimes. I believe the host is getting a lot of server problems and hence I chose to shift dpforums to a better host. I've tried my best to make it as soon as I cud, I also had a temporary page setup for u all regarding the status of the forums.

Finally, DPForums resides on a new hosting server. You will now enjoy the comfort of Ad-free surfing. Yes! NO FORCED ADS! Lol. So the framed pages like Shoutbox, Chatroom, Chat, Prillian Msging, etc. will now be displayed to their best.

One more thing I'd like to suggest, Please Allow all popups from this site, since the features like Prillian, Buddy list, etc. use Popups to alert you about a buddy online, or a new private message, etc. alerts. U won't be getting any Ad popups from our site, so ur free to allow all popups, to enjoy all the features of DPForums.

So I hope everyone shud be getting back to posting and sorry again for the inconvenience faced.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Advertisement

Re: Now moved to new Server, Ad-free comforts

Postby athom » August 28th, 2006, 9:11 pm

Hey,
Looks pretty nice!

Only the pop-ups are a bit annoying, making the site load a bit slow.
Last edited by athom on May 2nd, 2010, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
athom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Postby DP-NiSh » August 28th, 2006, 9:36 pm

You can disable popups Lol, it's ur own wish. Almost all of today's browsers come with auto popup blockers.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby DP-NiSh » August 28th, 2006, 11:29 pm

I'm very sorry but I'm really shocked to find that this host too doesn't support the PHP mail() function, just like it was in the old DPForums (altho it was a different host).

So I'm trying to figure out ways to enable it, also tried to contact the Support. They mostly disable it to prevent spam abuse. But due to that, the forums won't be able to send any mails at all. But fortunately this forums system has an option to disable mails overall, hence atleast until I find a solution, u won't be getting those weird emailer.php, SMTP errors.

But anyways, atleast the forums are back on, so I think having no email service for sometime is better than not having the forums up altogether.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

Postby DP-NiSh » September 2nd, 2006, 10:55 am

The email service now works, alongwith the much-needed Socket functions which are also enabled on another new host that DPForums has migrated to now. Sorry for the downtime on 1st September, but I guess these server issues frustrated me more than anyone else, it's not that easy backing up sql dbs, restoring them, backing up, restoring them, fixing configurations, uploading forums files... I've been doing this from the past one week, but I hope now everything is solved. So no complaints on downtimes, I've dedicated all of my days and nights recently just for fixing the issues.

Oh right, forgot to mention, now that Socket functions are enabled, the Weather forecast works, so get in ur User CP and update ur local weather settings.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Friend Code 176288381960

• Advertisement

Return to Announcements & Rules