DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

DPForums Downtime - Trojan Attack on Christmas Eve

New to the forum? Drop by and read our rules. Frequent updates & announcements about the site are also posted here.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

DPForums Downtime - Trojan Attack on Christmas Eve

Postby DP-NiSh » December 26th, 2006, 4:03 am

Indeed it was the most evil of them all. Around early morning on 24th December, the DeSiPokemon.com server, on which it is hosted on, was (is believed to be) hacked into and spread a trojan code around the sites on the server. The code will be not shown here for security purposes, but it embedded itself into various php and htm/html files on the server, which broke the forums and resulted into php errors and unable to login issues. Worst of all, the trojan started downloading itself onto the computer of the visitor, unless he/she has a good antivirus/antispyware/firewall suite and uses a secure browser.

Due to this bad situation, I disabled the board for 2 days until the mess cud the fixed, since I wouldn't want our visitors to get affected by browsing our insecure forums at that moment. This has surely spoilt the Christmas season, but even then I've tried my best to fix the pages at the moment, and done a full server & sql backup.

DPForums may go down again today since the Webmail (NOT DPMail) as well as cPanel and phpmyadmin are still affected by the trojan code, hence a reinstallation of cPanel has been planned around afternoon today.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused by the incident, and as a word of advice, I'll recommend using Firefox which prevents any such malicious softwares from being downloaded. Windows users shud either switch to XP SP2 or Windows 2000 SP 4 for better protection against online threats.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Advertisement

Re: DPForums Downtime - Trojan Attack on Christmas Eve

Postby Blaziken75 » December 26th, 2006, 12:08 pm

Indeed it was the most evil of them all

Indeed, it was the most evil of them all, it spoiled our christmas and delayed the raffle, bah, EVIL RUSSIANS XD

Blaziken75
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

• Advertisement

Return to Announcements & Rules