DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Welcome to the Author's Lounge

Well! Well! It's our old pal Poké-Shakespere.
C'mon old man, we'll have a spot of tea and dicuss our latest fanfics. Ideas, help, anything related to writing fanfics can be discussed in this forum.

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Welcome to the Author's Lounge

Postby Shiny Suicune » August 21st, 2006, 4:26 pm

Welcome to the Author's Lounge. The one place in the entire forums where budding author's authors can disscuss their latest fanfic idea's, post previews and have a general FAQ for fanfic writing.

How to rate Fanfics:
Here's a small guide which will help you rate your fanfic appropriately.

a) G- This is lowest rating and contains no nudity and little violence. Language is basic and there is complete absence of profanity. These kind of fanfics are generally for everyone and the harshest language you will encounter is "damn", "darn" etc.

b) PG- This rating is a notch higher that G. It contains no nudity and some violence. Language is slighty more mature and profanity is present though in moderation. This rating also includes blood but very little

c) PG 13- This is the most common rating because it inlcudes everything in moderation. There is a substansial amount of violence and profanity. Nudity is present but descriptively and not obvious, eg: She purpuslosey wore a tight and revealing outfit so that she could show off her equipment. There is blood in good quantity with some gore

d) PG 18- This is the rating for mature fanfics. Contains proper and often obvious nudity with usage of words like "bosom". Language is matured with common insults i.e. "son of a..." etc. and the "F" word. There is plenty of suggestive content and suttle sexual sequences. Heavy violence and plenty of gore

e) R- The highest rating, a fanfic can get in the forums. Before you post such a fanfic, it must go through an admin or a webmaster to make sure that it is not too innapropriate. This rating includes, highly descriptive sexual scenes, plenty often extreme and descriptive nudity. Extreme violence with heavy blood and gore. You also require a rather mature mindset to write this kind of a fic.
THE NORTH WIND RULES SUPREME!!!
Shiny Suicune
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 0.00

Advertisement

Re: Welcome to the Author's Lounge

Postby Emerald » August 21st, 2006, 5:07 pm

WOW!
Good Advice.
I have a question. I know that you have heard about the so called "Forbidden Love" fanfics that are common in some pokemon forums. So, I was asking that what kind of a rating would such a fanfic get. PG 13? PG 18?

For the uninitiated: Forbidden Love fanfics are basically love story's between a trainer and a pokemon. Generally, a pokemon and it's trainer start to develop deep feelings for each other due to some special circumstances. These kind of story's are touching and often are tear jerkers.

[spoiler]Shiny Suicune is himself working on one[/spoiler]
LOVE! The only drug you wont regret getting addicted to.
ImageImage

PROUD POKESHIPPER AND CONTESTSHIPPER
Emerald
Professional Trainer
Professional Trainer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Blaziken75 » August 21st, 2006, 5:15 pm

I think that those "forbidden love" fanfics are PG 18.

[spoiler]I really don't know for sure[/spoiler]

Blaziken75
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shiny Suicune » August 21st, 2006, 5:24 pm

It depends on the content. It is generally PG 13 because like any other, it is also a love story. However, it becomes PG 18 when those "circmstances" involve things such as blood, gore i.e. something tragic or even sexual contact. These kind of story's are generally touching and some even may be rated PG, though rarely because of the inter-species concept. Also, only those pokemon get romantically involed with their trainers who have human like charecteristics, i.e. Psychics and Fighters

I hope nobody makes fun of this because it is a sensitive and serious concept. It also requires a high level of mental maturity to write something like this. I myself am writing one and it takes place in the future and is between Max and his Gardevoir.....

[spoiler]Rayquaza Rocks will freak out when she reads this[/spoiler]
THE NORTH WIND RULES SUPREME!!!
Shiny Suicune
Site Admin
Site Admin

• Advertisement

Return to Author's Lounge