DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

:(

B0red ? Time to talk about Random topics that don't fit anywhere else

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

:(

Postby Victini223 » December 14th, 2014, 7:39 pm

So as we can see right now, DeSiPokemon forums is completely dead right now. Ever since Monfernape decided to take a break, the forum has collapsed. And after that, ganesha27 left as well. Those two were the two main contributors of the site.

So, what now? I am here to share my experience and thoughts on the forum now. It was a great experience being here. I first discovered the site when I saw the DP Karaoke on Youtube. I liked the name and as I expected, a place full of Indians. I was very hyped at the moment and immediately signed up. After signing up, I met ganesha27 in the chat. He welcomed me to the forum and told me to create my Hello Thread. I did it and I met many new friends. I was discovering new things here day by day and kept posting for many days. One day, a guy named Monfernape joined the forum. He posted his thread on Hindi Dubs of English Pokemon Themes. I was amazed by those videos, and I soon became friends with the guy. I told him to make an introductory thread, and he did. Afterwards, he met ganesha27 and we three became the best of friends. We contribute to the site day by day, making new threads and discussing Pokemon content. One day, ganesha27 became the junior moderator and I met the webmaster DP-NiSh. I had a fun talk with him, and many other people like Taninimdar and Kawaii-Abhi were online as well. I soon became friends with those guys. Even though they came rarely, we had fun times playing in the games section. Soon we started looking at the past of this site and how active it was. I saw many other people like Prongs and Queen Rayquaza who were contributers to the site. Only a few people people from those days who posted frequently when I joined too. Those were people like Petey. So with that aside, me and Monfernape posted continuously for many, many months. One day we stumbled upon the Wiki of the site and asked the staff to open it. After countless hours of research and discussion, me, ganesha and monfernape finally came with up a magazine. It was a huge hit and we loved making it. We were making our second one after the huge success. With that going, the forum was getting very active and everybody was happy. Many older friends came back and it was very good. But soon everybody departed.. Only me monfernape and ganesha were left. But one day.. Monfernape told that he is extremely busy in studies and would not be able to be back until April of 2014. Me and ganesha were sad, and the forum became instantly dead. And the day April was there, monfernape wasn't back yet. He came sometimes on the forum, but still the forum was dead. And when he was finally free of exams, and I asked him if you want to revive the forum, he denied. And before he was officially back, ganesha had already left for no reason. Monfernape rarely came, with me being alone. And with that, this is the current situation of the forum. From the day Monfernape left, till now. The forum has been silent. I had asked the webmaster to try to revive the site, but we unfortunately failed, and this is the current situation.

I know I did not tell everything which happened on the site since I joined, but thats what I remember. It was a fun time being here, and I look forward to seeing those old days again.

Victini223, signing out.
Victini223

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 6.73

Advertisement

Re: :(

Postby abhinavthegreat » December 15th, 2014, 4:08 pm

You make me sad. Really really sad. :(
It's a hard life outside of here. Engg. Preps along with crushing std xi studies really make it next to impossible for me to even be online anywhere. I know others are also facing such situations because of which they are unable to be here. And thanks to you this forum is still alive.
I hope of yet another revival of DPF(yes I've seen it dead a couple of years ago,which was revived by your efforts) .
And no matter what happens my friend,just keep smiling :)
YOU CAN CALL ME AWESOME
abhinavthegreat
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 11.34

Postby Victini223 » December 16th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Thank you Abhi!
Victini223

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Monfernape » December 21st, 2014, 3:41 pm

Well, I remember the time when I joined this forum. It is one of the best moments in my life and I simply can't forget it. But let me correct you:
Monfernape alone isn't anything. You people helped me to reach that high number of posts. What if I hadn't found friends like you? Simply I couldn't make so many posts but you built my morale high. You people are DesiPokemon.
Everything Abhi said is the same situation to me. I hardly find 30 minutes to relax myself. At university I don't own my own laptop or computer.
Everybody of us has played its role in contributing the forum. Now forum needs new members. Older member have done their duty.
Monfernape
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 74.35

Postby donald42047 » December 21st, 2014, 4:24 pm

Yup bit same with me.I was busy in studies, science congress etc.Even when i logged on no one would be online.
Everyone has a story and those who have a difficult story they become the master
donald42047
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 32.79
Friend Code 987554334333

Postby Victini223 » December 21st, 2014, 4:25 pm

I guess its the time the forum's dead
Victini223

Postby DP-NiSh » December 22nd, 2014, 10:00 pm

That was very touching, Victini. Thank you so much for sharing your sincere experience with us. Thanks to everyone else for writing back as well. It is very overwhelming to see the love and support from you all for the community as well as for each other. I'm guilty of not being able to do much for the forums in recent times, in spite of you guys still always being there and keeping the place active.

Another new year awaits us soon, another opportunity to fix the community. To start with, I'm thinking of making it easier for mobile users to access the forums, by simply installing an app. Could you tell me how many of you use smartphones and which one?

Apart from that, I'll work on an Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire theme.

Petey also has plans to start a competitive battle community. I'm not sure about it myself, maybe he can explain it better, when he gets the time to work on it. But those of you who are aware of it, or have played competitive, suggestions are welcome.

That's it for now. I'll try visiting the forums everyday henceforth. :)
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Monfernape » December 22nd, 2014, 10:12 pm

Totally agree with your suggestions.
Mobile app would surely help in using forums.
Well we didn't receive XY theme but I still expect ORAS theme for this forum. I have told you before that forum should be uptodate in order to be active.
Competitive battling community is a great idea too.
Monfernape
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 74.35

Postby donald42047 » December 23rd, 2014, 2:22 pm

Yeah we can include that battle community(which is a great idea).But we have to include something new and special there
Everyone has a story and those who have a difficult story they become the master
donald42047
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Pokies: 32.79
Friend Code 987554334333

Postby Victini223 » December 23rd, 2014, 3:21 pm

DP-NiSh wrote:That was very touching, Victini. Thank you so much for sharing your sincere experience with us. Thanks to everyone else for writing back as well. It is very overwhelming to see the love and support from you all for the community as well as for each other. I'm guilty of not being able to do much for the forums in recent times, in spite of you guys still always being there and keeping the place active.

Thank you :)
DP-NiSh wrote:Another new year awaits us soon, another opportunity to fix the community. To start with, I'm thinking of making it easier for mobile users to access the forums, by simply installing an app. Could you tell me how many of you use smartphones and which one?

Android, I am sure most use it.
DP-NiSh wrote:Apart from that, I'll work on an Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire theme.

Petey also has plans to start a competitive battle community. I'm not sure about it myself, maybe he can explain it better, when he gets the time to work on it. But those of you who are aware of it, or have played competitive, suggestions are welcome.

That's it for now. I'll try visiting the forums everyday henceforth. :)

Yay! Good luck making it >:)

I am a competitve master now (yeah, shameless plug) so I can organize this thing with petey.

:D
Victini223

• Advertisement

Return to The Lounge