DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Make the Game Challenging

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Make the Game Challenging

Postby kaijudo » December 30th, 2009, 8:22 pm

Thought i'd put this up. I was just browsing a few pokemon sites. I was bored and I suddenly stumbled upon the cave of dragonflies. It's a pretty good site, don't know how many of you guys have been there. So there's a page called Fancy a Challenge. It's got several ways to make the in-game battles much more tougher. Such as,

Beat the game using one pokemon, It can be your starter or another pokemon. Don't use any other pokemon but you can HM slaves on your team. But you can't battle with them. During the first few gyms the game will seem tough but afterwards the pokemon your playing with will get 6 times the exp, so hallejulah.

To counter what happens above, you can continue using that pokemon without evolving it. So even if you are at a high level, the no evolution thing balances the level.

Then lemme see, ah, there's one I saw on another site. If a pokemon faints once, it dies. So faint = death. You have to put it in the Pc and NEVER TAKE IT OUT. Revives are not allowed.

Try beating the game by using a single type. But there's a catch to it. You can have double types. So you can have a fire type team with heatran, camerupt, charizard and stuff. The three are duel types.

Beat the game without training your pokemon. This means not battling wild pokemon and skipping trainers. Its extremely tough. You can reverse this too though, beat the game by battling every single wild pokemon and trainer you see. It gets tiring though.

Usually when the opponent switches in a pokemon, we throw in a pokemon to get a type advantage. Try beating the game by throwing in a pokemon whose got a type disadvantage. Mix this with beating the game without training the pokemon lol.

Train every single pokemon you have equally. So you'd have to go the Pc every time and train every single pokemon you captured. You can avoid this by not catching any though.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Post more challenges, this is fun. Will post a challenge runners thingy. I'm currently trying the very first one in leaf green with a charmander. BTW, beating the game means up till beating the elite four.

BOARD THINGY CHALLENGES

#1 kaijudo(me)
Challenge: 1
Pokemon: Charmander
Current Status: 8 Badges, Lv82 Charizard
Play Time(Finished): 10:16 hours!!
Last edited by kaijudo on January 5th, 2010, 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
....DONT DO IT! THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Thanks to Keshavkd........YAY
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 356.55

Advertisement

Re: Make the Game Challenging

Postby Petey » December 31st, 2009, 12:13 pm

I've done the one Pokémon challenge, if you will, a number of times - with Charmander on Leaf Green and Mudkip on Sapphire. I even managed to do a few speedruns on Sapphire in the same way. It's been a while though, so I have no clue about playtimes. ^^;
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Postby kaijudo » December 31st, 2009, 2:38 pm

Heh, I have tried some challenges before too. It's fun while it lasts. I remember another one, something like using only items you get on the ground, BE GREEDY, SAVE MONEY! And there's another one which lets you only use particular items such as potion and super potion, revive, pokeball, great ball and ultraball. Finish the game with those items lol. Possible, but annoying.
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Petey » December 31st, 2009, 4:48 pm

I think I've done all of that before, though not willingly, before D&P I barely used Pokédollars/Items during gameplay.
Petey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 657.63
Friend Code 485508721419

Postby kaijudo » January 1st, 2010, 2:46 pm

Heh, edited the board thingy. Speed running kind of.
Awesomeness....
kaijudo
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

• Advertisement

Return to Competitive Battling, Strategies & Team ratings