DeSiPokemon.com

DeSiPokemon Gallery   DeSiPokemon Doodle   IRC Chat    DP Mail
Download Daily Pokemon Diamond and Pearl episodes from DeSiPokemon.com
Celebrating 15 Years of DeSiPokemon!

Namaste PokeFan's

Just registered on our community? Well hello! Give us a chance to welcome you!

Moderator: DP Super Mods

• Advertisement
Play-Asia.com - Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions!

Re: Namaste PokeFan's

Postby adyniz » November 25th, 2009, 12:37 pm

Oh, old memories.
You joined this site on 31st may and those forums were created in 2005/06.
Lol
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 1,010.32

Advertisement

Postby Prongs » November 25th, 2009, 12:41 pm

I mean after the relaunch.
Do You Want To Be The Ultimate Pokemon Master?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 2,607.74

Postby adyniz » November 25th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Oh.
BTW when it was re-launched?
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby Prongs » November 25th, 2009, 1:17 pm

May 31st.

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby adyniz » November 25th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Oh, okay.
That's why you and max joined it on 31st.
Cool.
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Postby Prongs » November 25th, 2009, 4:29 pm

I was chatting with Petey about IPL and then he kicked me here, we had a relaunch contest. I think Abhi won it. We were the first of the new generation of Desipokimaniacs: Abhi, Me, Max and Cierra. Then Cierra created a revolution by becoming a mod pretty soon.

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby Maxedge » November 27th, 2009, 11:26 am

lol I joined about 2 months before relaunch but at that time DPf was dead X_X
NiSh said that the forums were undergoing changes so if I register I won't be remembered nor will my posts be.....
I kept on prodding him for 2 months and was active on Pokemon India...
Then one day Cierra too said about DPf relaunch in Pokemon India and I showed NiSh the post by Cierra and then (huh....My 2 months' pleas = just one post of Cierra INJUSTICE!!!!!)
He said he will start soon...I said NAO!
He said Monday...
Monday came...I began again!! :twisted:
Finally (perhaps out of frustration) he closed the forums and began editing!! YAY!! :clap:
And so here we are...A nice and happy family :D

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Pokies: 51.10

Postby Prongs » November 27th, 2009, 1:46 pm

Oh that mekes you pretty much older than me. Also I guess I will tell sdyniz's story.
It was during the days when DP was going through slow days and I had vowed to make it active. I was chatting with adyniz, who was introduced to me by Kevzo8 as a bmgf member from Pakistan. So I gave him a link to this site. He was pretty suspicious of me then but he clicked on the link anyways. He saw the Chronicles news and asked me if it is true. I said yes and he joined!

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby DP-NiSh » November 29th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Maxedge wrote:lol I joined about 2 months before relaunch but at that time DPf was dead X_X
NiSh said that the forums were undergoing changes so if I register I won't be remembered nor will my posts be.....
Then one day Cierra too said about DPf relaunch in Pokemon India and I showed NiSh the post by Cierra and then (huh....My 2 months' pleas = just one post of Cierra INJUSTICE!!!!!)
He said Monday...
Finally (perhaps out of frustration) he closed the forums and began editing!! YAY!! :clap:

Fun, I don't even remember all that 'Monday' stuff, etc. Lol.. then again I got a low memory :P

Yeah, the old forums were way too confusing, and it was a dark theme.. I know many love dark templates, but then again, newbies don't. I knew there were lots of Indian pokefans crawling around the web, most of them settled on Orkut. I had to turn DeSiPokemon a bit more like Orkut.. maybe style-wise, the color schemes, the simplicity and less cluttered categories. Less extra features that are simply for fun but add to the complexity of the board. Only the most essential ones like Albums/Galleries etc. have been added here.

Here: http://desipokemon.com/old

I enabled it again for preview purposes incase new members wish to check it out. That was the look between 2007-08. All existing users are denied access to posting now, and new registrations are closed.

As for the June 2009 re-launch, here's the COMING SOON page with the contest details, and countdown timer.
http://desipokemon.com/launch.php
(Keep Esc button pressed as the page finishes loading, or it will quickly redirect you to here since the countdown timer is now 00:00:00)
Yeah we had a contest about who would register first in the new forums and post in the contest topic.

adyniz wrote:I think DesiPokemon needs a clean up.
Nish should delete all the forums which are DEAD.

Nothing ever has been deleted from the forums, apart from spam posts. We value the time spent by every member who has been part of our family at some point. We treasure every post and retain them as memories, so that we can always look back to those good old days and get inspired to continue the experience ahead. It would have been completely boring if it weren't for any old quality posts. This is the 3rd time I've upgraded the forums and everytime I've taken extra measures to ensure no user accounts, no posts are lost. Just like your current posts shall be memories for you sometime in the future, so are older posts for older members and their experience on this community. Infact, many of the old posts from the general category are still worthy of reviving back.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Prongs » November 29th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Can't we have a thread called History Of DesiPokemon, so that we new users can learn about the forum's past....oh but ofcourse you don't keep all the dates do you?

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby DP-NiSh » November 29th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Hmm, ok I'll try to post that in brief sometime.
.:.DP-NiSh.:.
Admin/Webmaster,
DeSiPokemon.com
DP-NiSh
Webmaster
Webmaster

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pokies: 27,522.55
Friend Code 176288381960

Postby Maxedge » November 30th, 2009, 11:12 am

DP-NiSh wrote:
Maxedge wrote:lol I joined about 2 months before relaunch but at that time DPf was dead X_X
He said Monday...

Fun, I don't even remember all that 'Monday' stuff, etc. Lol.. then again I got a low memory :P

Lol How can I just forget the day DPf was being revived :mrgreen:

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Postby Prongs » November 30th, 2009, 3:15 pm

It was launched on Monday? Oh, I see. I only remember the date.

Prongs
An EVIL Wandering Spirit
An EVIL Wandering Spirit

Postby Maxedge » November 30th, 2009, 5:25 pm

not launched on Monday!! Launched on Sunday (The day net had to mess!!) but work started on Monday

Maxedge
Spambot Assassinator
Spambot Assassinator

Postby adyniz » November 30th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Prongs wrote:Oh that mekes you pretty much older than me. Also I guess I will tell sdyniz's story.
It was during the days when DP was going through slow days and I had vowed to make it active. I was chatting with adyniz, who was introduced to me by Kevzo8 as a bmgf member from Pakistan. So I gave him a link to this site. He was pretty suspicious of me then but he clicked on the link anyways. He saw the Chronicles news and asked me if it is true. I said yes and he joined!

Lol, you are a nice story narrator.
adyniz
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Introduction